"Crisis Adverted"

(Editor's note: Saturday, 2:30pm...

A strange thing happened...

I was updating my entries for the Blog (A few entries to cover the last couple of days...) when I got an email. It reflected a comment I recieved on one of the entires...

Someone out this is actually reading this...(onimous music chord placed here!)

I read the comment and tracked it back to another fellow blogger, after reading a few entries, I went on with my business. It just flipped my wig for a moment, that someone is out there, and may continue to read...the soap opera that is my life....Wow.)

Anyway, on with today's entry:

Saturday morning, my phone service was back to normal. I recieved my W2 in the mail, enclosed in a new envelope. The reason why it was sent back was because it was in a window envelope and the window was so thin it cut off the first letter and number of the address! All someone had to do was slap it on the left side and the address would have been in full view. I blame the post offices in New Jersey for such a stupid mistake.

This afternoon (sunday), I met mom halfway into the bronx so we could investigate the aprtment complex she was considering about moving into. Our original plan was to meet at a famous avenue that would be near the area in question. I'd be coming from my place, and she would be coming from my sister's place after dropping off my niece (Mom's is a pushover for babysitting on saturdays.). Ironically, her trip overshoots the neighborhood we were going, but she planned to stay on the bus to meet me and then we'd go back there together. Well, with that crazy plan, I wasn't suprised when I met mom and she decided not to double back. She told me the trip from my sister's house to the place in question was so long, she couldn't see doing her daily commute to New Jersey for work. She'd have to take 2 City Buses and another bus across the GWB, and considering her old location, she just wasn't ready to do that, not even to save money on the rent.

When she met with me and changed her mind, we went to McDonald's to warm up a bit. She admitted she got too excited about the idea of joining me and my sister (As well as many other of her friends) in living in the bronx, but her job has her tethered to upper manhattan. A part of me wanted to admit the problems I'm facing at the moment, but as usual with mom, I won't have the courage to admit failure till the bitter end. I'm trying drop hints that I'm thinking of moving back with her when my lease is up in may, however, with the way my current situation's going, it's going to spring up on mom so suddenly if/when I get evicted.

With my W2 in hand, I plan to do my taxes first thing monday (after going to housing court, of course.). Now that mom is staying put, I feel SOME of my problems and worries are evaoprating. But lets list the few that are still stinging the heartstrings...

A) I'm Behind on the rent.
B) Although I'm reciving unemployment and loose cash here and there, I have no stable job to rely on.
C) The Eagles still lost the Super Bowl (Who cares who won the Pro Bowl?)
D) I've fallen in love with a brazillian craigslist whore who if it wasn't for "A", I'd be having sweet, juicy, jungle, animal sex with...for a charitable donation.
E) I've been spending WAY too much time on the internet reading Blogs & Journals, downloading TV shows, and having Chats & IM's rather than work on my TV Show's latest script.
F) I haven't been marketing my TV show's concept since I loss those first two screenwriting contests.
G) I have to fork over 290 dollars soon to take a course on Quickbooks or I'm going to miss the deadline.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it...

I spent the rest of the evening looking up Arreas Grants, and Eviction Prevention tatics on the internet. I dozed off, missing most of the Grammy's...woke up just in time to see J.Lo and Marc Anthony sing a song I couldn't understand, but was moved by anyway. None of the other performances seemed deep, but seing Kanye West perform "Jesus Walks" I felt he went a little over the top in the imagery category. Thou I didn't think he deserved it, it was nice to see him beat the likes of LL Cool J, Jay-Z and the Beastie Boys for best Rap Album...I just wish Eminem was in the category so Kanye would have beaten him too!

"Jesus Walks...but The Devil runs, that's why he wins the race!"

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home