"A Dream...A simple fantasy."

Last night I had a dream that I was given more time on the apartment, went to my job interview later on this week coming, and was accepted to start with a salary of 40k. I paid my back rent and signed a two year lease. No one was the wiser on how close I came to losing everything. Not my mom, not JOE, no one. I woke up at 11am and sighed because it was just a dream.

I really didn't do much today. Yesterday I spent some time with the fam. My mom was in a chartiable mood, she paid for my Tax Return which I picked up and will mail monday. Considering she FORCED me to go to her wacky CPA, it was the least she could do. My sister brought my niece over and we all ate out at a nice spanish steak house restaturant. Mom and Sis noticed a change in my demeanor, I seemed too cheerful for some reason. I was dying to tell them it was because I has sex the night before with a call girl, but I didn't have the heart to blurt it out. After my sister ditched my niece with us, Me and mom when shopping in the neighborhood. I needed some nice dress shoes for my interview. We ended the evening by renting "Mr. 3000", I rented the latest Margaret Cho special to watch at home and when I did I IM'd JOE and dished out all the details about friday night. He couldn't believe it. He was a little pissed that he had nothing to do with it. That I had the courage to go out on my own. So, that's my new nickname now, "Courage", but I told him it reminded me of that damn cartoon dog with the hole in his tooth.

So, back to today, I really didn't do anything after I woke up. Saw a few episodes of "Medium" and "Lost" that I downloaded, searched craigslist for more moving boxes (and that was all I searched for this time!). Tried to work on my TV Show's latest script, but I wasn't in the mood to write. At 7 I checked what the networks were showing to compete with the oscars tonight. I was so pissed that FOX showed ID4, I love that movie! Why couldn't show something else that I wasn't going switch back to like Phantom Menace, or Jurassic Park, or dare I say it, Titanic? (Or does NBC still have the rights to that one?). And on watching the Oscars this year, Chris Rock did a cool job of hosting, but he's no Billy Crystal. Billy still gets top honors in my book, with Steve Martin coming in a close second. And the winners were cool this year for once. I'm glad Morgan Freeman won (Remember when he was on "Electric Company"?), and props go to Jamie Foxx with the most emotional speech of the night. (I can't believe he brought his daughter as a date, thou.). I was rooting for the Aviator to win Best Picture ONLY becuase Michael Mann would have gotten the oscar for producing it, but I knew Million Dollar Baby would win it (It's the "Gladiator, Braveheart, Unforgiven, and Titanic Syndrome...Three guesses what all these movies have in common...). As for Clint, he was robbed last year with Mystic River so things were set right this year, sorry Marty, Stop doing period pieces and maybe you'll win something!

The writer bug bit me later on that night so I worked on a few scenes on my script. Before going to sleep I set up an apointment to pickup some boxes tomorrow afternoon (Oy, but another snow storm is coming!) but other than that, monday I'm just going to sit on the tracks and wait for the train to come...

"Didn't I promise you Fireworks?"

"Yeah!" (Will Smith in "Independance Day")

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home