"This is Jet Black speaking..."

It's friday, and I'm going to the Movies! For the first time in awhile, me and JOE are going to see CONSTANTINE. We were sent for the 7:35pm show at the UA Regal Theater near the West Side Highway. I think the last movie we saw together was Resident Evil 2 back in september. I then saw The Grudge by myself in November, then Blade Trinity in december. I've been meaning to see SOMETHING in january, but there were too many bombs that somehow made money weekend after weekend. I knew me and JOE were gonna see Constantine, that movie looked like it was gonna be da shiznit! I had some other things on my mind...like calling back this woman from jersey who left a message yesterday about a job. I woke up at 12:30 and made two calls, the woman wasn't there....SHIT!... I hate playing phone tag!...I couldn't stay some too long, I was determined to get this Quickbooks Class at City College. Their registar's office closes at 4pm today, so I left the house at 2:30 (I waited as long as I could to call me back.). I forgot what a journey it was to get to CCNY. The steets are hilly like San Francisco around there. The cold wind wasn't helping me too much either, but I enjoyed the much needed exercise. I got the campus at 3, the security guard gave me bad directions, but I found the office to sign up. I had 3 crispy hundred dollar bills that I have been saving over the course of 5 weeks. They told me I needed a money order...I couldn't believe it. I went back out and looked for a bank, but since it was 3pm, they were all closed. I had less than an hour to get back, after running around the neighborhood like a chicken with it's head chopped off, I found a check cashing place that did money orders for a dollar. The cost of the class was 295 so, there was no problem geting extra cash. I made it back in time and was registered to start March 3rd. for the first time in 10 years, I was going back to college (Dramatic Music Here).

Next on the agenda, I needed a very overdue haircut. With my Eagles defeated, it made no sense to let my hair grow for luck anymore. And I had to look sharp for the next couple days due to other events coming up. I walk up to 145th street (Becuase if you know city, you'll know that there is a place to do your hair and nails on every block! From Broadway till 3rd Avenue!). After I got my cut, I walked down to riverside park for a bit. I know it was cold and everything, but I just like to wander sometimes. I have never been to this park, it was nice. Very clean, peacefull and great view of the hudson. Told myself, I'd come back in the summer when some of the outdoor events happen and headed downtown. I brought the tickets and then confirmed with JOE and then killed some time at Borders. I brought the latest Garfield book (#41 - Garfield "Older and Wider" I got them all!) and then treated myself to some pizza hut around 7pm. JOE barely came in time for the movie (Around 7:20, I think), he does that all the time and wonders why we get bad seats for a 1st day screening! We saw some cool trailers, Colin Farell is discovering the New World and taking on injuns, Jamie Foxx is a fighter pilot along with Jessica Biel (She was so hot in Blade) and some other guy going against a automatic computerized plane gone berzerk (can you say Firefox?), Christian Bale takes on the Cape and Cowl in a re-invention of a tired franchise, Paris Hilton is moving on to cheesy horror films, and Keanu's next film looks like a long version of A-Ha's "Take on Me" video...what is up with that?

The movie itself kicked ass, there is life after the matrix, Keanu flexes his acting muscles some more (Best since "Devil's Advocate") with a gritty, anti-hero, badass betrayal that I was able to relate to somehow. I loved the use of mystical arts sorcery rather than special effect driven powers. The story messed with me a bit though with it's unique take on the Archangel Gabriel. Other than that, the story was cool, it stayed in the confines of catholic pratices (Which I am aware of despite being a christian that has lost his way.) and it's insight has open my eyes a bit, just like Dogma did. After the movie, the tempature really dipped low so me and JOE hot footed it to the subway. He mentioned dropping by his house in long island this weekend, I told him I'd think about it considering my other plans. He got off at Grand Central and I took the train home. There was no message on my machine when I came in which means that the people who called me may have given up on me. I didn't sweat it too much, the job was way out in jersey anyway. I went to bed early due to my meetup tomorrow morning. I never been to the Museam of Modern Art before.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home