"This is your life...and it's ending one Minute at a Time"

So, friday now, and life still sucks. I woke later than I was supposed to due to setting the alarm on the wrong time. (And I thought that "AM/PM" crap on happens to white people like on "Seinfeld"!) I jumped outta bed, threw some clothes on and rushed outta the house. I had to go to the housing courthouse today. You have at least 5 business days to answer, when given a letter from the landlord. It was windy as hell this morning, so walking fast really does a number to your face (Thank god I had a hat on!). After rushing and panting, I arrive to find out that damn courts were closed today (Lincon's Birthday, I guess), I was stunned beyond belief and walked back home. I knew to go the first thing monday, but wondered if they'd be opened then, too! So, coming back home, I hit the internet again. A part of me wanted to look for that beautiful thing I discovered on craigslist tuesday. The ad had already expired, but I memorized her name and the phone number, just in case. I looked at the news at noon and heard about some new form of the AIDS virus that has been discovered in New York City. An advanced type the disease so strong, current medicine has no affect on it. Hearing that was like a sexual buzz-kill so I sobered up and hit the job search.

I applied for 5 jobs online and then headed out at around 3pm. My mother had an address she wanted me to check out. She's been so excited about this rent-controlled apartment offered to her, but she's not so sure about the neighborhood. (Who can blame her?) So, with all the time of the world on my hands, I decided to check up on the address she was given. I'm not gonna reveal the details on here, but I think she got the address mixed up. I knew the Avenue in question real well, it was near my High School, so as I'm going up and down, I can't find the house number in question. I know the bronx like the back of my hand, and unless she got the house number cofused with the cross street number (Which was possible becuase I did see some newly added building in a spot along the way.) that address given to her doesn't exist.

I'm back home by 6pm and I realized, my phone hasn't rang all day (Even JOE calls from work, just to say wassup.). I didn't let it bother me, but then I get a 3 way call from my mother through my sister's phone line. Mom tells me she's been trying to call me since 4pm from her office (in Jersey) and home (In manhattan)! She's been getting an automated message saying "All circuts are busy". She think's my sister got through because we both live in the bronx (Even though we have different carriers). This freaked me out, because I could have job offers coming in and thay are not getting through. I ended the three-way call and then dialed mom at her house. My call went through, but I asked her to call me back, she couldn't. I freaked out and called Cablevison (those money grubbing bastards) and was told that there had been a blackout in my area and techs are working on it. I will also have a deduction on my bill for the lack of service at the time. Tried to keep cool, but really couldn't contain how pissed off I was!

A typical end to one of the worst weeks of my life, Happy Valentine's Day Les, you're such a sweetheart.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home