"Before you die, you see The Ring"

Okay, so after that REAL depressing wake up call, I spruced up the place and thought about what I'm going to take and what I'm going to junk. I packed up my non-functioning PS2 and a few games and a controller to give to JOE. He's been opening VCR's, TV's and computers and jury-rigging machines since he was 12. He'll probably fix the damn thing , add wheels and put a spoiler in the back while painting racing stripes on. I kept my light gun and simpsons games, along with trivia pursuit and outlaw golf 2 because I'm confident I'll either get another PS2 (A thin one!) or the Playstation 3 when it comes out hopefully this year around christmas.

I spent the rest of the afternoon writing and waiting if any job offers would come my way. I'm pretty much past the point of no return on the job front after this week. Starting monday, it'll be about talking to the landlord, finding some movers and severing all the ties to this place (Utilities, cable, phone...). After no phone calls all day, at 6pm I headed down to Wall Street to deliver the PS2 to JOE and we barely made 7:40pm screening of "The Ring 2". JOE being late as usual, we missed all the trailers but one. A lame looking Wes Craven thriller called "Red Eye".

"The Ring 2" scored high points on the scare-o-meter, but I was kinda disapointed with the story. Part one ended with a lot of questions and elements that they could of used for this sequel (Like the Noah's Video Editing Assitant.), but they went in another directon. The movie did fill in some of the blanks that were bugging me after the first film (like Samara's birth mother), but it also raised some other questions. Overall, if you don't overthink it and brace yourself for the scary parts, it was a fun movie. It's right up there with "Constantine" for best of 2005 so far...I'm sure "Sin City" will blow me away though two weeks from now.

Me and JOE parted ways after the movie, he had his long commute home, I wanted to check out some bookstores. I walked up past City Hall and Chinatown to Astor Place and browsed around Barnes and Noble looking for the latest Foxtrot Graphic Novel ("Orlando Bloom has ruined Everything", Foxtrot by Bill Amend is one of the funniest comic strips in the newspaper today). But I couldn't find it. I then walked up to Union Square and searched another B&N before giving up and going home.

I made it home a little before midnight and didn't stay up too late. Tomorrow I have two meetups that I'm going to try and attend and I needed the rest.

"Don't you understand, Rachel?...She never sleeps."

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home