"Emotional Rollercoster"

So, I'm preparing for the move now (Stage 5:"Acceptance") and I'm turing my place upside down to put everything in boxes, or just throw it away wondering why the hell I kept it in the first place!

I've gone through a few emotional states that have been triggered by various things in the last 48 hours...

*I've found clothes in my closet that no longer fit me, clothes I've loved, clothes that looked good on me.

*A upstairs neighbor's water incident 3 years ago warped a hidden box of tresured magazines! (The first 10 issues of JFK Jr.'s magaizne "George", classic EW's (Entertainment Weekly's), Sports Illastrated magzines of all six Chigago Bulls championships!, That one issue of XXL with Lil' Kim on the cover, and the GQ with Tyra Banks on the cover! (SOBS) I was so close to taking my baseball bat upstairs!...No jury would convict me!

*I've been looking at old VCR tapes of movies and TV show I was obbessed with back in the day check it out...
*The entire 1st season of "Samurai Jack" ("Watch Out!")
*Three 4 hour tapes of "Animaniacs" ("NARF!")
*The "Clone Wars" Mini-Series (Just in time for Ep. III)
"The Black Hole" (Classic Sci-fi movie!)
"Heavy Metal 2000" (Not as good as the original, but still cool)
"The Watcher" (Keanu kicks ass as a villan!)
"Snatch" (The recorder music in this movie is great!)
"Formula 51" (Definately the "Dog's Bollocks")
"The Art of War"
"The Mothman Proecies" (Richard Gere channels his Inner "Fox Mulder"...I believe in the Mothman, man!)
"The saint of Fort Washington" (That used to be my nickname back when this movie came out, 'cause I was such a do-gooder)
"The Insider" (Michael Mann genius...the best reason to stop smoking cigarettes)
"Drive" (This movie is SO cool, the star, Marc Dacascos is like THE most under rated martial arts star in the world!, he may have been toned down for "Cradle 2 the Grave", and "Brotherhood of the Wolf", but this is him at his best, it also stars "8-Mile's" Brittany Murphy with dark hair!)
"In too Deep" (This is LL Cool J's best film, he plays a gangster so bad, they call him "GOD".)
"The Boondock Saints" (Just in time for St. Paddie's Day, an instant classic viglante flick featuring 2 irish brothers...Where the 'ell's Da Sequel?)
"Ninja Scroll" (The original movie, classic anime, that went to the well to many times when they did a series based on it.)
"LILY C.A.T." (Another cool anime, liked it the first time when it was called "ALIENS")
"Cowboy Bebop:The Movie" (The movie where I got the name of my Blog. A great in-between chapter of the cult classic anime series that DEFINED cartoon network's "Adult Swim".
(Whoo!, that's a lot of movies!)

*I also found my answering machine tape with the 18 stored messages I recieved on September 11th. Everybody thought I was dead becuase I worked 3 blocks south of the World Trade Center...I've only listened to the entire tape once because it so emotional.

*Finally, I was furious to find out that famous comedian Mitch Hedberg was at Caroline's Comedy Club this whole past weekend (18-20) and I missed him! Mitch Hedberg! To quote Sideshow Bob, "You only get ONE chance with Mitch Hedberg!". I own both his albums, I catch his bit on "Comedy Central Presents" all the time and I missed the chance to see him in person! A jackie chan kick to the balls wouldn't hurt me as much as this!

So, it's tuesday morning, now...and I'm hunting for boxes. Moby's new album "Hotel" comes out today, I'm going down to Borders to get it and meet JOE for lunch. I got an idea from another blog to to take pics of the place as I'm cleaning it up, I'll try to post them later on this week so I can look back on what I'll be missing (contained *SOB*).

Till then...


Brain:"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm Pondering?"
Pinky:"Uh, I think so, Brain, but why would anyone wanna PIERCE Bronsan"

"United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama..."

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Man that sucks! Sorry to hear about your magazine that were damaged. Sad finding that tape too. I can't imagine being so close to all that-GOD bless ya for what I'm sure ya had to go through...I can't even imagine. So when is the big move exactly? Any luck on a job?? Keep us posted

     

Post a Comment

<< Home