"Endgame"

It happens everyday...

A guy goes to Vegas on a company trip. Blows the corporate account on blackjack spliting a pair of tens, fails to seal the deal with the client, goes back home in shame and gets fired.

...bad things happen to everybody...

A Grade-A student gets a "C" on his english thesis for the first time ever, after excelling in every subject all his life, the student is ill-prepared for failure and commits suicide.

...everyday...

a 78 year old man on his way to his grandson's 9th birthday falls victum to a Hit-and-Run accident while waiting at a busy intersection.

...Then why the FUCK do I feel like I'm the only ONE?!?!?!?

"Where did I go wrong?"

I'm in the final steps of cleaning this place out and packing everything up to move back home with my mother and I find myself asking that same question.

I'd thought everything would be cool after the bankrupcy two years ago. No 7 credit card bills to pay, no more nickeling and diming, no more odd jobs to make ends meet...what did I do to deserve this?

Everything's falling apart around me and all I can do is watch. I feel like Russell crowe in "The Insider" during that scene in the hotel room...He's just sitting in a chair, totally defeated, then the painting behind him fades into a backyard, where he sees his two daughters playing. A lot of people thought his chracter, "Jeffery Wigand" was going to commit suicide in that scene, crowe played the scene off so well, you can't help to feel this average joe's pain as he was getting screwed over by the tobacco industry.

Yeah, that's where I'm at now...

Sitting alone, just as I was when I first moved in. Indy at my mom's house, getting adjusted. Everything's all packed. My last meal, same as my first when I moved in...A medium deep dish cheese pizza from dominoes. The only thing still plugged in is the TV and my computer.

Tomorrow morning, the movers will come, and I'll be on my way.

I've made arrangements to have a dial-up account waiting for me when I get over to mom's I probably won't surf much, just use the internet to find a job, and such.

I'm still going try to read my fav. blogs, and try to update mine, but don't bet the farm on it.

It's funny, when I started this thing, I gave it only three months...

pretty fuckin' ironic don't ya think?

"You once was a Man, now you're just a Mess"

(Betcha can't guess where that quote is from, here's a hint: It's from a classic cartoon in the late 80's)

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Well incase we don't hear from ya for a while I wish ya luck and hope that things look brighter for ya once you can step back. I've always thought looking at the big picture was overwhelming so I'll offer you my unsolicited advice-take it slow, look at each piece of the puzzle not the whole picture. Start with rebuilding your corners and work inward...

    I hope at some point you keep us informed, I'm sure living at home with mom is going to offer a whole buncha laughs at your expense of course but..you're a team player so..keep in touch.

    I'll keep ya in my thoughts..good luck to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home