"It won't be long, now..."

Alright enough of the mushy stuff, back to reality.

Well, it's done.

Booked the time with the movers, got permission from mom's building, it's offical...after five years of freedom, it all ends next Thursday, March 31st, 2005.

Now, it's just a matter of boxing my life away...

I stood in the middle of my tiny "Batcave" and took some pics...




All those books...That bookcase is just about the height of Yao Ming. Here's a shelf by shelf breakdown....

TOP SHELF:Adult Literature (out of the reach of little children!), Blue Moon novels, Claiming of Sleepling Beauty Trilogy and my valued Garfield books collection.

SECOND SHELF:Star Trek:Deep Space Nine Companion, Star Trek Encyclopedia, Zane Novel collection (More freaky books), Graphic Novels of The Boondocks, Foxtrot, Calvin & Hobbes, JumpStart, and Cowboy Bebop Magma. James Howe's "Bunnicula & Friends" children's books collection.

THIRD SHELF:Robert B. Parker "Spenser" Novels & James Patterson's "Alex Cross" Novels.

FOURTH SHELF:(African-American Fiction) Books by:Walter Mosley, Gary Hardwick, Hugh Holton, Gar Anthony Heywood, Robert O. Greer, Valery Wilson Wesley, and Grace F. Edwards.

FIFTH SHELF:Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" Novels, Dennis Lehane's "Kenzie & Gennaro" Mysteries, and Phillip Margolin novels.

BOTTOM TWO SHELFS:Generic reference books and movie scripts to keep the cat from crawling in.

The DVD's in my closet are also massive (Too many to list, though), and yes those are J.Lo and Carmen Electra posters and the clock between them is stuck on 9:56 because the battery died and I just didn't wanna replace it.

YES I am collecting the US State Quarters, I have a subscription to get them all from the US Mint.

The Black Eyed Peas calendar was a late call, I normally have a Garfield calendar (Except in the year 2000 when I picked a "Futurama" Y2K calendar!) and I couldn't find one. When the Eagles went to the super bowl, I really wanted to get a team calendar, but couldn't find that either, so I had to settle.

Below is a picture my cat, Indiana...



Enjoying my chair as his scratching post and perch.

God am I going to miss this place...

After taking the pics, I took some basic clothes over to put in my closet. I'm taking little stuff over the next few days so the big move can quick and easy as possible.

I stayed with mom the afternoon as she planned Easter Sunday with my sister and my Niece. They fought over an outfit for my niece that morning. Mom picked it out, but my sister took it back becuase it was too small. My sister gave me my spare set of keys which meant she knew I was moving back in with mom (I had asked her to keep her in the dark as long as possible!), we didn't get any time alone so I could ask her for her reaction to the news (I'm sure she's going to gloat as soon as she can!). Too cool things off, I rented some movies. Me and mom watched "The Ladykillers" with Tom Hanks and I got my little niece "Shark Tale" to look at in the living room. After I got the movies, my sister ditched my niece with mom to get her hair done. Mom was natually pissed becuase this meant she was going to babysit the whole weekend. The original plan was my niece to spend the night Saturday, so she could go to church Easter Sunday, but as usual, my sister found a way to drop her off for the entire weekend.

JOE drove up to our neighbood to check on his family (We all used to live in the same hi-rise.) after work and he then offered me a ride home. He wanted to have a guy's night out, but his wife changed her mind and stayed in town. I told him about next week and he agreed that something must be done to have a proper send off. Nothing too freaky cuz he's married of course, BUT something!

I checked the mail when I came in and found my refund check from City University over the canceled Quickbooks class. I have some devilshly, impure plans for some of that cash...

Loki: The last four days on Earth. If I had a dick, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing.
Bartleby: What's that?
Loki: Let's kill people.
[Lady next to Loki spits out her coffee]
Loki: [to lady] Oh, not you.
(Matt Damon and Ben Affleck in "Dogma")

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home