"MARTY!!! It runs on STEAM!!!"

Yeah, I'm still here. And I credit to one thing and one thing only...SNOW! OH MY GOD!! Thank you LORD for creating SNOW! I will never curse the weather man again, EVER!

Lemme take you back a couple days...

Tuesday morning there was about 5 more inches of snow on the ground. I trudged my way to the courthouse by 9:30 and wait. Now, for some reason, I felt insanely optimistic. I don't know if it was the sex with call girl last Friday or the pending job interview I got Thursday, but all of the sudden, in my darkest hour...a glimer of light caught my eye and I was going to accept whatever happened that day and deal with it. So, I'm there with about 10 other people waiting for the landlord's lawyer to show. My contact from Legal Services was there and I told her my situation (About the interview and all that) and she said that was it was good to keep looking for work. If I can find something stable, I can buy more time and will recieve help to pay my back rent. My contact then asked me to produce proof of what I have been paying so far. I opened up my red manilla folder and whipped out a confetti full of Money Order reciepts (I NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY!). They were a bit out of order, but it was enough to show intent and challenge the trumped up amount my landlord's shady numbers was asking. Time goes by, it's 11am now, the court recesses for lunch at 1:30pm and everybody's being dealt with but me. At 12, I asked to see a social worker to kill time. I was asked various questions so Legal Services could provide a better case on my behalf. They asked why I quit my job in westchester, what were my relationships with family like?, health history, yadda, yadda, yadda. At 1pm I'm told the landlord and his crew are held up and the case is adjorned, again. I was told to go home and my contact would call me with the date my next appearence.

Today I had my 2nd visit with unemployment at 9am. I was there 10 minutes!, I gave them the list of all the places I sent my resume to, told them about my quickbooks class starting tomorrow and they said it was enough to "Keep the party goin'!". I get back home and then take my suit to the cleaners (I know I should of done this a couple of days ago instead of the day before, but I'm and idiot, remember?!?!). They assured me it would be ready by 1:30 Thursday afternoon. I come back home and chill. The place is clean and I have boxes everywhere, just in case I had 48 hours to move. I was a bit nervious all day. I didn't hear from Legal Services about my courtdate, I was afraid my phone was acting up again. I spent most of the day working on my TV Script and downloading episodes of "Jack and Bobby". After collecting episodes of Lost, Medium and Drawn Together, Jack and Bobby seemed next in line of "Shows I would look at if it wasn't for Other Shows". I usually catch the sunday afternoon replay, but I've been missing a few, and the show is really growing on me it's a shame it's on against The West Wing. I was looking forward to downloading the new season of "Deadwood" since I sacrificed my HBO for broadband.

3pm my phone rings, and my heart jumps out of it's chest for a few seconds. I pick up the phone, and it's someone from City College. My Quickbooks class was canceled due to small class size! Only a few people registered! I was getting my 295 dollars mailed back to me. I was devastated about the class (I told so many damn people about it!), however I couldn't help thinking how nice it would be to use that money for SOMETHING ELSE (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!). I surfed the web a little bit, applied for a couple of more jobs (just in case!), and checked out a new site dedicated to moby's upcoming album HOTEL. I checked out all the cool bells and whistles of the site, saw the new music video for his first single (Damn I miss MTV2!) read some info about tour dates, I hope he does another release party at Times Square, that would be so cool!

MOM calls me at 6:15 (five minutes before I was going to call her!) and we catch up on things. Without revealing too much of my situation, I hinted the possibliity of moving back in to help her out to see what kind of reaction it turn up and mom seem okay with the possibility. To her there'd be no shame in coming back, and it was help her as much as it would help me. We played about with the scenarios and them hung up in time for LOST. I couldn't help the simularities with the first five minutes of the episode. The big guy, Hugo Hurley living with his mother and her complaining about his weight (I was like, "Is this what MY future holds?!?!") and then when he won the lottery, I was like "Whoa, I hope so!".

After yet another cool episode of LOST and in the middle of a weird West Wing episode that I'll have to see the rerun of, JOE calls me and we talk for a bit. I gave him an update of my situation and we planned to get together at his place sunday. I just hope it doesn't snow again...OOPS, wait! Actually, I hope it does! Before going to sleep, I checked a few blogs. I'm kinda pissed no one seems to be reading mine, lately. Aside from 1 comment around my 3rd or 4th entry, I haven't had zilch, nada, bubkis! Ah, well...he's to the life altering day tomorrow! (Is it me, or do I face a life altering day everyday!)

"Look at us we're beautiful,

All the people push and pull but,
Let's just go out and ride,
Talk about the things we've tried"

("Beautiful" by MOBY from the upcoming HOTEL - out March 22nd, 2005)

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home