"Nothing like fresh Powder"

It snowed again today, and you know what?...I LOVE IT! Why? Because I'm at home going insane!!!(*Series of Daffy Duck hyperventalating Sound Effects*). This is crazy. If I were still working up in westchester, I'd be PISSED. The snow in the city is nothing compared to upstate AND the BEE-LINE buses that go up there are on strike! I would have had to take the Metro North to work and that would of costed me a pretty penny! So, I'm glad I ran when I did. This month will make it a year that I left, next monday on the 14th. My God what a difference a year makes!

So the snow didn't start till the afternoon, it was rain before, I woke up at 9:30am and took one look out the window and laid back down. Yesterday I got a call from a rinky-dink temp agency that found my resume on Monster.com. They had a lockbox assignment for chase bank starting soon and they wanted to know if I were intrested. I told them I was and they went on with the details and the requirements. Since it was a bank job, I had to be fingerprinted and drug tested, blah, blah, blah...I took down the address (around the wall street area) and they asked if I could be there at 10am. I agreed (not really thinking clearly) and then asked about the salary microseconds before they tried to end the call. They acted all dumb, thinking I wasn't going to ask and put me on hold for a second and then said it was for 8.00 an hour. I damn near dropped the phone. I knew instantly I wasn't going to wake up early the next day, take a train all the way down to the wall street area for a job that would earn me LESS than what I was reciving from unemployment, it didn't make sense.

So, I wake up, see the rain, think about the cheesy job offer, I go back to sleep. I then wake up at 11 ans start looking at back episodes of "Jack and Bobby" that I've downloaded. I love this show, I think Christine Lahti is kick-ass cool, and I like the whole concept of the show, having white house staff recollect "the future" events of an outgoing administration as we see "Boy who would be President" deal with being raised by a single mother and live with an over-achiever brother. As I'm looking at the show, I'm suprised how TV's gone slack with some of the profanity. I mean, now that NYPD Blue's gone, I'd never thought I'd hear "Dick" on TV ever. In the first 8 episodes I've heard it at least 3 times. It actually shocking, now.

Speaking of profanities, while I was catching up on "Jack and Bobby", I was looking to download the season premere of "Deadwood" all day. I know it's a cable show, but I had no idea how hard it would be to find a source. I tried Mirc Search Engines, WinMX, I even put on Kazaa Lite on my computer (After swearing Kazaa off forever due to it's spyware!). JOE called to check up on me. I finally swung by his place out in Long Island to say hi to the wifey and kids. The Baby JoJo is getting a little bigger, and the two older kids, Brandyn and Jada....weeeeell, they're children! I got to give the dude props, those kids would have me going "Bernie Mac" on their ass! Talk about "Bust 'em in the head till the White Meat show!". While the kids were running around the house, JOE showed me his computer with the DVD burner that I helped him configure the last 3 months. I had brought over with me episodes of "Lost", "Drawn Together", and "Medium" with the intention of making my own DVD collection of episodes with his new burner. But, the process took hours on hours to do, so I was only able to make a DVD for Drawn Together. I downloaded the season's episodes of LOST on his computer and asked him to start working on at least 3 DVD of LOST episodes (There was an issue of space per DVD blank and I didn't want to use all of his.). JOE said he'd try to get into the show as he was burning the episodes which was cool with me.

TV's starting to become way important in my life. All of the sudden, I'm getting into shows I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Shows like "Buffy", and "Angel". I find myself tuning in saturday and sunday nights because I've caught the show right in a good starting point, right when it changed networks. Buffy coming back to life and such. I'm also getting into "That 70's Show", but the syndication schedule sucks because the 11:30 show is always in the beginning when Eric and Donna are getting started, and the 12:30am show is the 3rd or 4th season when they break up. I have too much time on my hands and I'm using it to watch TV.

As for my housing situation, I'm bracing myself for the worst, now. I definately believe by the end of March, I'm going to move back in with my mother. I slowly throwing away any junk that I can't or won't take with me. I'm also thinking back to my old jobs in the past as I rumage though old files and important papers. I came across an old picture of my grandfather today and realized that yesterday was his birthday. He died back in 1991 and me and the fam don't go to see him at the cemetary like we used to anymore.

The evening went on by as the snow picked up and then stopped at 10pm, I read some Blogs and checked out a few sites. I missed a Meetup meeting because of the snow. I have another one coming up friday, though. I plan to do some nightcrawling this weekend.

"In memory of John Leslie Smith

March 7th, 1917 - March 8th, 1991

Beloved Father and Missed Grandfather"

We shared more than the same middle name...

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Sorry about that-I typed it, didnt think it saved...then I erased it...*sigh* Thanks for visiting my blog-I remember yours-very funny. I added ya to my list of links on my blog site so I don't lose your site again. One more persons blog I can stalk---SWEET!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home