"Rude Awakening..."

I woke up at 8:10am this morning to a faint sound of water splashing on a hard surface. My first instinct was it was raining yet again, but I slowly realized it was coming from inside the house! I jumped out of bed and ran to my bathroom. The ceiling was leaking again, and there was that sound of a infant laughing and splashing in a bathtub with the water still running. A puddle was developing right in front of my toilet. Any other time, I'd just get a mop and a bucket, but I was still furious with my upstairs neighbors for those tresured magazines that got warped (For TYRA gaddamn it, for TYRA!!). SO, fueled with anger and common sense out the window, I grabbed my bathrobe and my baseball bat and flew out of my apartment and stormed upstairs to the third floor. I knocked on the door politely (Because knocking hard only scares these people and they don't even respond.). "Who is it?" a female voice asks. "It's your downstairs neighbor, could you open the door, please?" I said with a restrained calm voice. She opens the door as gasps. I'm standing there in my bathrobe, but my belt is missing, and I didn't feel the need to hold it closed. I did however cover my privates with the baseball bat, holding it close in front of me like a cane. My man boobs and hairy chest may have scared the woman into slaming the door so I spoke quickly and clearly..."Miss, I have put up with your child splashing in the bathtub and your faulty illegal installation of a washing machine for 5 years now, and after 5 years I'm leaving this retched place to move back in with my mother! Now I only have 6 days left before I leave so do you think you can keep you kid in check for just one more week, please!" She nods her head quickly, her face still full of shock. I then, take a moment to close my robe with my hand and say, "Thank You" and walked back downstairs before she closed the door.

10:30am I'm looking at a cool new episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (With my fav. supporting chracter in a guest spot, Samurai Rabbit, Usagi Yojimbo!) when I get a knock on my door. It's the super...

Super:"The Lady in 3A says you came to her apartment..."
ME:"Yeah, her kid was flooding the bathroom again, water was leaking from my ceiling!"
Super:"You know when that happens, you come to ME and then I check it out."
ME:"It's pissed me off and I couldn't find you."
Super:"She says you were naked"
ME:"I had on my bathrobe."
Super:"And you threaten her with a baseball bat."
ME:"She was wrong about me being naked and now you believe her about a bat?"
Super:"She said she saw your...THING"
ME:"Was she impressed?"
(Super gives me a look)
ME:"I guess not"
Super:"Look, just come to me next time, okay?"

I wanted to say "Ain't gonna be a next time!", but I just nodded and said "I-ight" and closed my door.

Before the super came I was thinking about that scene in "Down and Out in Beverly Hills" when Little Richard was bitching to police about their response time when someone white calls 911. I think that's what I probably looked like upstairs.

I though I held the bat at the center...Ah well, the head may have peeked out on the right, It has a tendicy to slouch...

Anyways, back to Ninja Turtles...

Six more days, just six more friggin' days...

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Is this neighbour upstairs good looking?...if so, the day you leave, you should leave the baseball bat outside her door with a note that says, "If you can fit this in your mouth, give me a call"....

    I'm hellbound, I know *shrugs*

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Look at you go and be fussy! Too funny. Only a "New Yorker" would have the guts to do that-with a baseball bat in tow. Ya shoulda bonked her on the head with the bat..that'll teach her and tell yer supa to hush it before you call the building inspectors. Hasn't he seen that Joe Pesci movie-my cousin vinny? tell that slumlord to get shit cleaned up. My daughter is into that Usagi Yojimbo and all other japanese animi stuff. 6 days huh? hmpf! well ya wont have a screamin kid to deal with....or a leaky roof...or the remberance that yer upstairs neighbor oogled your goodies. it'll all be a fresh start...new beginning....right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home