"Shadows of the past..."

I made 3 runs back and forth taking clothes and minor items to mom's house today. I'm doing everything I can to make the move easy as possible, thursday. Mom thinks I'm crazy doing this and feels the movers should move everything themselves, "That's what they get paid to do!" she whines. I'm just crazy like that. The trips did tire me out, but I just chucked it up as exercise (Call me Mr. Incredible!). I plan to take Indy in a kitty carrier tomorrow along with his things so he can get used to the place. I then finished packing all my VHS tapes and worked on the junk in the kitchen before dinner.

I shifted through old papers that weren't orginized even before I moved. I found an old pink piece of paper with a name and telephone number on it. "Who the hell's Samyra Rivera?" I asked aloud to no one. I went to searchbug.com and did a reverse lookup on the number...once I got the address, it hit me like a ton of bricks...

Spring 1992...Junior year in High School.

She was a freshman, shoulder length hair, dimples, barely spoke english, she used to say "yellow" and it sounded like "Jello"...Oh my god she was pretty. I only saw her in one class...what the hell was it? "Seqential Math 3?". She had a thing for Jon Secada...I remeber mousing up my hair and memorizing the words to the spanish version of "Just another Day"....I actually sang the whole song with a tape player backing me up in the hallway after class. She was speechless, I then asked her out and her two older brothers, Francisco and Carlos came outta nowhere and beat the hell outta me, and threw me down the 3rd floor back stairwell! I came to and that piece of paper was in my hand...

God.

I can't believe I kept it all these years.

She WAS cute, not "Getting my ass kicked" cute, but still...

I wonder what's she doing now? I never went to any of my High School reunions...the 10th year reunion was 2 years ago...I REALLY hated high school.

After resting a bit, I went to the next biggest task to do...taking the AC out of my window. I had to for 3 years now, and even though it wasn't allowed in mom's high-rise, I wasn't about to leave it to the next fella to enjoy it! Now, I'm no Tool Man, but I do consider myself a "Man-at-Arms" type. If I can do it, I will do it. I just don't do VCR's and Computers, but other home improvements, I depend on nobody. The screws were rusty and needed some juicing up. I didn't have any WD40 so I improvised with some Tinactin foot spray. I had forgotten how heavy the might beast was, but with my best sly stalone grunt, I detached the beast from it's window prison. MY hands were dirty and my body was starting to feel sore, so I took a hot shower to relax.

Looking at everything now, undoing my changes to this place, it takes me back to how proud I was, fixing this place on my own...

Well, I made it this far (*Sighs*), I'm almost ready, the day after tomorrow, THE END begins...

Comments

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home