"There no need to argue, Parents just don't Understand!"

I had a dream last night that my life was turned into an episode of "Frasier". I was Fraiser Crane and my mother was Martin Crane, and mom's cat, Peanut was Eddie the Dog. My sister was even in it as Niles. I had a wonderful date coming over and asked mom if she could spend the weekend at Atlantic City, and then so many things happened to ruin the date! I think I have been watching too much TV. Kelsey Grammer's Sketch show was funny sunday night on fox, but still, it that what's in store for me? To be some yuppie know-it-all living with my mother, fumbling through relationship after relationship trying to find ms. right? God, I hope not! I need to stop going to bed at 3am to prevent these crazy dreams.

At 1pm, I did a follow up call to the health insurance firm I interviewed for on the 3rd. The recruter told me they were still conducting interviews, which was probably their way of saying "Forget it, loser! Don't call back again!". Despite all this, I suddenly got in the mood to write! I finished an entire Act of EPISODE 4 and started a few more scenes afterwards. I even logged in some storylines for the 3rd Season. Thinking about my TV show idea made me think back to some news I heard. Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson is staring in a TV show called "Stacked" (get your mind outta the gutter) and apprently it takes place in a book store. Suddenly, I'm afraid that my Library Ensamble drama may be tainted if her show doesn't take off. I wanted to introduce something that's never been done (Even though, some might say a Library may be too boring a setting for something on TV.) now her show may mess that up.

So, I'm writing, I'm surfing the net for jobs, I take a break and unplug at 6pm. At 8, I get into this old movie "Playing God" with David Duchovny and Angelina Jolie. It's about some washed up doctor who lost his license (due to his drug habit) gets invoved with some crimelord wannabe played by Timothy Hutton. Duchovny's been growing on me lately, we me seeing that X-Files episode that I downloaded a few times and all. I think the guy's a little too into his own voice, thou. He lives to do voiceovers and narratives. The movie was all right, but what really stood out was the music. In one scene Duchovny and Hutton are racing cars on the highway and the music used in the background was the same used in the first Matrix movie during the gunfight! I always liked that song, but never looked it up, till now. It's called "Spybreak!" by a group called the Propellerheads (Sheesh what a weird name!). Five seconds after the movie ended, I'm on Kazaa and managed to get their one and only album..."Decksanddrumsandrockandroll". It's no moby, but it's different. Reminds me of the other out there music I used to listen to a few years back. Orbital, Underground, Gorillaz, and Spiritualized (You know, weird white boy music!). It's cool how a movie can get you into certain kinds of music. I got into Moby when I saw "Heat", I got into Bjork when I saw "The Professional", I even got into Seal when "Batman Forever" came out.

During the movie, MOM called me with some news. Her cousin, PATRICIA (which would make her my Second Cousin?) picked her up from jersey to shop and have dinner. PATRICIA works in corrections (It's a family thing, my aunt, some other cousins, I don't understand it.) and one of her co-workers just started a second job in document scanning at night. My mother mentioned my situation and through the chain of people from other people, PATRICIA got me an application for the job. There's a catch to this soap opera, the co-worker that works with my mother's cousin...I know her! (Small world, huh?) Her name is REBEL and we used to work for a lawyer's firm in document scanning around 8 years ago. We were good friends and there was a part of me that had a crush on her, but felt it'd be better if we stayed friends. Part of me is afraid to see her and show how father time's taken a billy cub to my gut (I was a little less chubbier then). The chance of seeing REBEL again is even more scarier than moving back in with MOM (It's nice to have something else to fear for awhile!) I don't know what I'm going to do.

Mom said she'd leave the application at her place where I can stop by tomorrow and pick it up. PATRICIA is then going to call me from her office (along with REBEL I guess...) to give me details on how to apply for the job. She said they have day and night shifts and the work seems indefinate (for now, yeah just like that other legal scanning job me and REBEL had!). I couldn't believe this was happening...It's like there's a glich in the matrix and I'm reliving the years 1996 & 1997 all over again! Someone find the red pill, I wanna wake up!!!!

"There's nothing I can do, this guy's been dead for quite a while now."
(Cocks Gun) "Fix Him"
(Nochalant) "Alright I'll see what I can do." (Duchovny in "Playing God")

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Yahhooooieeee!!! Job application-bonus you know someone! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

    Movie to watch sometime-it's called The Red Violin. Totally awesome movie!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Propellerheads have some great tunes. I believe there is a 16 minute version of Spybreak with clips from The Abyss thrown in for good measure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home