"Act your age, Simpson! You look foolish!"

It's Saturday morning now and I'm looking to go out more to be a social butterfly. There's a TV Production meetup at a Starbucks in Kips Bay and I was dying to network my TV show to some new blood. Mom wanted the fam to get together for another failed attempt at a family portait. This is the 3rd time this year she's tried to do a group picture at a department store studio and it was only April! The meetup was at 3pm, but thankfully Mom changed her mind when she couldn't wake up Psycho-Sis at her house before 2pm so she said "We'll try it next week, my hair'll be better then!".

Getting to the east side was a piece of cake when I lived near Yankee Stadium, now back in my old stomping grounds, it's a journey. I got the the Starbucks at 3:20 and walked in...lot of people on laptops drinking coffee, no one discussing Television Production. Damn, only two people RSVP'd, I guess they found each other, waited 10 minutes and left. Man, these meetups are so lame!

With nothing to do, I walked around a bit. Found a few playgrounds to chill and watch people play chess. I called mom on my cell and she said I should take this moment to buy a new spring jacket (She hated my current one because it was light beige and got dirty easy), she even said she'd go half on whatever I buy. The 'Coat Factory was on 23rd and 6th so I made my way via crosstown bus, due to the fact that I was all the way on 1st!

While riding on the bus, I saw they guy wearing a loud leopard-skin type blazer! He looked like that Millionare grant fellow selling his book on TV. I tried to snap a good pic with digital camera...I really didn't get a good shot...



The weirdos you see on the bus!

When I got to the store, I found a nice chocolate-brown Echo Unlimited jacket that was perfect for me! I shop the best when I'm alone, I know my sizes, my tastes, and rarely have to try anything on. The few times MOM's gone with me, she picked something that was too big, or backfired in someway (She brought me an Fall Jacket that was so warm it made me hot and sweaty everytime I wore it!...In fact, I wore it the entire winter without switching coats!...well, maybe once or twice during that bad snow storm!). On my way out, I found the perfect fedora hat to match.

I haven't been keen on hats (I used to rock a red baseball cap in High School), but I've been dying to change my look like I always do around my birthday or in the midst of crisis! The hat had an "Indiana Jones/Dick Tracy" appeal that would probably age me older than I am. But considering I mentally feel like I'm in my 40's perhaps it's time I look it! I took off the tags and switched jackets in the street, then put on the hat to get a feel. When I got home, MOM bursted out in hysterical laughter over the hat. I ignored her and went to her mirror for a good look...I even took a picture, but it didn't come out that well with no flash....



I don't know, I thought I looked mysterious...and I liked it!

At 7pm, Mom went to a baby shower and Psycho-Sis dropped off my niece with her father's relatives. They were going to Jersey for the weekend and wanted my niece to play with her other side of her family for a bit. Their plans fell through and mom had to pick her up at 10pm when she came back from the shower. I swear, my niece gets passed around more than a blunt in a rap concert. I told MOM if the little one spends the night she's just going to bother me since I just moved in.

"No, she won't" MOM says..."She'll be tired and go right to sleep."

I find it so disturbing that I know this child more than the woman that gave birth to her (My Sister) and the woman that's practically raising her (My Mother).

So, mom comes back with the little one and instantly opens the door to my room. My cat, Indiana hides underneath his chair (Yeah, I wish I could do that, pal!) as she looks around.

"Wow, you sofa turns into a bed?, I've never seen that!, how does it do that?, You should leave it like this all the time..."

I give MOM a look and turn on my Cosby Parenting Mode...

"Okay, little one....when NANA had all those other roommates, how many times did you walk in their room?"

She thinks about it and says..."Um, one time."

"And why do you think that is?" I asked her...

"Becuase NANA told me not to bother them..."

"Well, Okay" I said, "So, you're only going to come in here once, right?"

I didn't get an answer, so I knew I was in trouble.

I was in the middle of working on my TV show when she came in and she decided to read off the screen some of the dialogue. I was impressed by her reading that I encouraged her to read a few scenes. We read them together and that go me in the mood to do some more reading. So, I grabbed my favorite children's book off the shelf, "Bunnicula" by James Howe and tried to get her into it, but it didn't take and she got bored. I guess she wasn't ready for that level of book, yet.

The little one went off to bed by 11:30 and I went online...god what a day, I feel like an old man.

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Great post! I think you should randomly take photos of people in NY. I say that because where I live it's small town USA. I'm sure what you see everyday is "normal" to you. The whole idea of riding a bus here and there is amazing to me. And the people on the buses-sheesh! By the way--I dig the coat and hat. Does make ya seem mysterious-start hanging out on the corner and snappin' pics--people will think yer a secret agent er somethin. Very cool.

    This tv show you wanna pitch? What's it about???

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Hells half acre...it's The Notorious B.I.G.....except he's taken his final ride in the brass handled Cadillac...so it must be The Notorious J.E.T./L.E.S.

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do i know you??? i mean you do have my blog listed on your site

     

Post a Comment

<< Home