"I'm Back, I'm Back!!!!"

Yep, it's no April Fool's joke, peter parker is back as SPIDER MAN! And I am doing this blog from my new home which was my old home and now is my new home again (are you still with me?).

First off, moving was SUCH A BITCH! These asshole movers I hired, helped me out, but also screwed me over! They only moved about 85% of my stuff and had no sympathy to the fact that I hadn't packed my clothes. Now all I wanted to do was stuff everything in grabage bags and sort them out later, but they were on a schedule. They also questioned some of the items in the house that I KNOW I listed. They did take all the heavy stuff, but if I had more time, things would have turned out better.

Fortunately, mom has friends that are always willing to help. With the help of Elvis (A neighborhood handy-man) and his car, I managed to get the remaining 15% of my gear and complete the move.

The first 24 hours here have been crazy. All my gear in the living room, our cats (Indy and Peanut) are slowly feeling each other out, and I'm here trying to adjust to everything without having a breakdown.

Today was no help. My plans today were to get a cell phone (For job hunting purposes.), head down to a bookstore and meet JOE in the afternoon. But no, today (On april fools day of all days!??!) mom had a doctor's appointment. She was afraid she would disoriented afterwards so she wanted me to pick her up. I go down there at 12 noon, and when I get to the doctor's office, she's fine! Starving (She couldn't eat anything the day before), but she was fine. So, with my done, I thought about ditching her and going to Best Buy but mom calls my sister to tell her she's fine and my idiot sister talks us to going up to her neck of the woods to go shopping.

My sister used the ol' "Niece" factor saying "You can see come out of school!", but she really wanted us to come to her house becuase a new bed was being delivered at the same time my niece got off from school. So in reality, MOM got to see my niece come out of school while I waited in her place for the delivery. I swear, my sister is a vindictative psychopath that would make Hannibal Lecter twitch. She's spending all this damn money from her tax return despite the fact that she has no income, no job, living of the system like a ghetto fabulous princess.

So after the bed came, we decided to go to K-Mart a few bus stops away...big mistake. As far back as I could remember, me or my sister could never go shopping with mom at the same time. I always buy something with MINE money and SHE bitches to mom when she can't anything! So when we get there, I zoom to the electronics section and pick a decient prepaid phone to buy. Mom picked out some household essentials, and then my niece starting acting up. The tyke has an attention span that lasts 45 seconds tops and my "Mother of the Year" sister has no patience for whining and crying. When mom was done with her shopping, I offered to take her stuff home while she stayed with Psycho-Sis (Hmmm, nice nickname, I'll think I'll keep that!) and roam around aimlessly to buy useless trinkets.

I came home and activated my phone and plugged in my computer for the first time. Mom bothered me to do some laundry with her (I guess my bedspead got a little musty in my closet.). Till things get better for me, mom said I could use her phone line to surf at night. When I get a job, I plan to go back to high-speed.

So, after checking and changing emails, and visiting my blogs, I decided to update my own a bit. Things on the horizion, the job hunt, of course...I got another lead next week from the social workers at Bronx Services. Moby's concert at Webster Hall is still on the 20th. I'm taking things one day at a time here, I know things can only get better...

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    WB LES! Sounds as though it'll be alright...for now. Maybe your determination to get a job will rub off on the "psycho-sis" and she'll wanna do the same. Any hot chicks where you live now?

    *singin* Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got...

    Love the fact that yer a true New Yorker!

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    So lemme get this...Les is a big fuckin' Brotha from the Bronx who goes to Moby concerts......help me out here, I'm grasping. You damn well better have a "Fiddy Cent" cd somewhere Les.

    Tell Mom, Canada says Hi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home