"Jet Black stars in..."The Interpeter 2:The Document Scanner"

I start a new project back in the city tomorrow, at the UN Building, how cool is that! It's a small project that might last 4 or five months, but there'll be other projects waiting to be started after this one. The company personally selected me due to the fact that I live in the city and I was their best scanner available. I'll be teamed up with one other scanner who also lives in the city. The project will be entirely in our hands, no night shift, no other help. They're expecting us to scan 7700 a day, each, I can do that with my eyes closed.

Hopefully we'll get a nice office with a view and cool supervisors that won't turn out to be such assholes and kill the peaceful atmosphere.

Meanwhile on the library front, the "Powers that Be" at the NYPL went over my file and in the space where it says "Would you rehire this employee again?" there was nothing writen down. That didn't mean that they could, it just means that the details of my termination were actually undisclosed and off the record, which now that I think about it, they did say that they were gonna do. So, to make a long story short, they can't find anyone who remembers the incident, but they're cautious enough not to make it easy for me to come back. I was told to go down and fill out an application, but there are no openings in the Manhattan or Staten Island at this time.

Ah, well it was a long shot and pretty much a pipe dream. The best way to tresure my expirences in the library now would be to relive them in my TV Show. So, here's some info on what's becoming my life's work.

My show is tentatively entitled "Call Numbers" (Catchy, ain't it?). It's an ensamble cast drama that looks behind the scenes of the daily operations of a New York midtown Branch Library (No, not the big one with lions on each side, a smaller, neighborhood branch in the business section of the east side.). The cast is very multi-ethnic (Maybe too much for ABC or NBC standards) and extends through all age groups. The staff is divided into 2 major groups, The Librarians, and the Clerks. There is a LOT of tension in this workplace, who would of guess you could find so much drama in a library?!?! The main issue that surrounds the dram

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I'd watch a show like that. I think you'd need to talk to UPN/WB for that though. They seem to be the only network with a huge young fan base for tv shows. I imagine alot happens in a job where ya would think it was a quiet atmosphere. Can't get much quieter than a library. That's every mans dream chick too-librarian by day--whorey girl at night. Is whorey a word? Not sure..but it works for me.
    Glad to hear your job stuff is moving in the right direction. Take your camera with ya on your way to work. Deal?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home