"My Hood"

*Blogger's been acting up lately...and these post I've written were done on the day I posted them to, but in reality showed up later than the date posted....

One thing you can about being back home again, you are never forgotten. Getting back on the job hunt, I needed a much deserved hair cut and shave. I had no choice but to go back to my old stompin' grounds and get a cut by my man, Jalu. After 5 years, things didn't miss a beat. He still had the same corner and the same Knicks posters! Me being a Bulls fan, it always bugged me to sit in his chair.

"You disappeared, Man" was his greeting...

"Yep, but now I'm back!" I replied.

We caught up on things, trash talked 'bout our two teams. He told me about the last time he was courtside at the garden, then he asked me where the hell i'd been all this time.

I've been going over my story the last couple of days, and basically I'm blaming everything on the Westchester Bee-Line bus strike. I worked in Yonkers till march, and when the strike began it was too expensive to use any other method of transportation so I quit and the rent got too high and mom couldn't find a roommate so, here I am! (Pretty convincing, huh?) That way, I come off looking like I'm saving mom and not some pathetic retch that I am. Word is slowly getting around the building that I'm back, but I'm still laying low. I really don't want mom's snoopy friends, or psycho-sis's hoodrats bothering me in the streets.

Everyone remembers me, though...from Jalu, to the asian dry cleaners, everybody! My mom just has that rep around we live. I know only as "My-Mother's-Son" that's it, no name of my own, like some Klingon on Star Trek.

I had an appointment at an outreach program today. They presented me the typical plan help me find employment and other stuff. They looked over my resume and gave me some pointers to spiff if up a bit and sugested that I print it on a unique color of paper. (to sort of stand out, anybody see "Legally Blonde"?). I was then told about a job fair on friday and it was recommended that I'd attend. I hate Job fairs. They list all these companies that are going to be there to talk to you and it's nothing but Temp Agencies that occasionally refer temps to those companies. It's like going to the comedy clubs claiming that all the famous comics performed there but it was really like 10 years ago when they were an unknown getting started in the biz. I'd knew these community people would follow up so I decided to go early and get it over with.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home