"Progress"

So, back on the job beat has me thinking of all the things that drove me crazy in the ordinary everyday grind...

1) The A Train SUCKS! The damn train can't get me to Times Square in less than 30 minutes! It has to sit at 59th Street for 15 minutes to get connecting passengers from the D riders that were in the bronx, what the hell's that all about?!?!

2) I cannot describe how errie quiet it is out there, the office is a good half mile away from the bus stop and as you walk, you don't see or hear shit for miles!

3) There is only ONE place to get anything to eat for lunch out there. A rinky-dink cafe with no type of snacks, at least they have Orange Slice soda, thou.

I've been there 3 days and if I'm there any longer, I'm gonna lose some weight, and my sanity!

Thursday night I went to another meetup and socialized a bit, with the weather geting nice, it'll be great to meet new people again. I also got myself a DVD burner, and after buring my own personal DVD's of downloaded TV episodes of LOST, JACK & BOBBY, DEADWOOD and MEDIUM, I'm about to graduate to coping DVD movies.

Last, but not least...despite getting this job out in "Middleofnowhere", New Jersey, the social worker that was helping me for a while mentioned she had a contact with The New York Public Library. I told her to put in a good word for me and see if I could go back.

The Library, after ten years, it would be a dream to work there again.

You see boys and girls, I already had my dream job...and lost it. Working among the shelves has been my obsession since I was a little boy. The four years I worked for the library is the basis for the TV Drama I'm currently trying to get made. The drama I expirenced when I first started, AND the drama I went through when I got FIRED!

Yep, fired as in lost my job, my hopes, my dreams, destryoed before me oh, so long ago. I didn't appricate it when I was there, but not a day goes by that I don't miss it. So, ten years later, the idea of even trying to go back is unbelieveable, but hey...everyone deserves a second chance.

I told the social worker my story and she said she'll see what she can do. I'll be holding my breath as I walk through silent coutryside on way to work next week.

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    You needa take your camera so we the hicks in the country can see what the A Train is/looks like.

    Why did you get fired 10 years ago? Fall asleep? Get caught whackin' it to National Geographic?...What did ya do?

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    "whackin' it to National Geographic?"

    ...I can think of nothing that could possibly follow that up..


    I thought NJ was across some river or something from NYC...I never been there so I don't know...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home