"Bowling for Dummies"

I should get that book...

So, it's friday night, three day weekend, where am I goin'...To the Times Square Bus Terminal for some Bowling!

Just joined the meetup group for New York City bowlers (DIdn't know they even freakin had one!) after my last couple of meetup group meeting have been somewhat tame....

Boy, did I take s trip to the other side of the spectrum! I've signed up with some people that are nutz about bowling!

Basicaly, it's about having a good time, and that's what the members live for.

The bowling alley is know for great music, cool service, and glow-in-the-dark balls, but when you play, it's all about the people you're with.

There were 18 confirmed members spread along 3 lanes. Each lane, six members played two games. Each player was entitled to a free drink and various members ordered food for others.

The orginizer was a free sprited woman who made us play a coversation-game to get to know each other better, but being it was my first meetup and all, I played the shy, silent type. There were a lot of cute young ladies that I could go for if I see them again a few times. I was center of attention for one member who was trying to break the ice with me. She seemed nice, light skinned, like me, blond hair. nice eyes...She kinda reminded me of "Faith" which was funny because she said I reminded her of "Biggie" in a typical black & white Total video, just standing in the background, dressed in black with shades on, bopping the beat.

Even though we all had name tags, I missed her name, she was hyping up the games for everybody and making sure everybody was having a good time. Scoring wasn't really an issue, good thing too, I was a little rusty. I bowled a 64 my first game, but got a little better the second time with a 79. I have tendicy to hook my wrist when I throw, it's so hard for me to keep a ball straight. The orginizer had a mock tiara and let the high scorer wear it for while. After our time was up and the games were finished, the members mingled for awhile to talk, but I disappeared in a shadow of darkness. I had fun, they seemed a bit too enthusiastic for bowling (To the point where a strait-jacket might be recommened, or maybe a seditive...) but a couple more meetups and I could be that cheerful, too...S'yeah right!

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home