"Mother's Day Movies"

Okay, my recient posts have been a bit dark, lately...frankly it mirrors something straight from a Robbie Williams spoken word essay. I feel like I should be on a rooftop somewhere waiting for The Joker to bomb City Hall. These are my thoughts, thou...I can't help it. What goes on inside my head is real freaking deep! It's like that movie American Psycho, you think the guy's a normal sucessful everyday yuppie, but inside, there's a part of him, that just wants to kill people. and while I'm nowhere NEAR that extreme, my resentment towards god, the automobile and alcohol industries, or even my mother are usually kept inside my head and revealed to no one, I'll try to keep them under wraps in the future.

And now some insight on Mother's Day movie selections to distract us from any unplesanties...

There are three movies that I think define the sprit of motherhood and should be seen by everybody on this special holiday coming up, they are...

1) "A.I. Atrifical Intelligence" Yes, I am taking about the robot movie with the kid from "The Sixth Sense" in it. A lot of people see this movie as a dark, unique take on "Pinocchio", in Pinocchio it was about the father wanting a son, but the sci-fi movie teaches us that a mother's love is so valuable, that even a machine can develop it in a sense. A robot child left by it's "Mother" goes on a long, exhausting quest to become human, all so it could expirence true parental love, what could be more moving than that? This movie is so misunderstood. From complaints of time lengh, to the ending (Everyone thinks those beings were aliens, WRONG! They were the supertoys of the future!)," A.I." makes my cry at the end everytime I see it.

2)"Dancer in the Dark" This touching story about a factory worker earning money by working both day and night shifts for an operation that will save her son from the same disease that is slowly taking away her eyesight will anyone choking back the tears by the movie's sad conclusion. A remarkable first time acting performance by Bjork (That swan dress chick) and great supportive cast efforts by Catherine Denavue and Peter Stomatre, it may take a second viewing before you understand that "You don't need eyes to see".

and finally...

3)"Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2" It may be a gore-fest in stylized violence, but the story is there. Mother and Bride to be has her past catch up to her, gets beat up and shot up, left for dead and in a coma for a few years...wakes up and goes on the ultimate quest to find the child taken from her while she was out for the count. The true sprit of motherhood can been seen as "The Bride" sheds tears of joy while lying down on a bathroom floor the mornning after being reunited with her daughter...classic.

Those are MY excusive CHOICES for Mother's Day movie viewing. but what am I getting instead?!?!?

"Johnson Family Vacation", "The Cookout", and "My Baby's Daddy"...MY GOD my mother has lousy taste in movies! *Sigh* The sacrifices I go through for her...someone help me!...Happy Mother's Day, MOM!

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    "Johnson Family Vacation", "The Cookout", and "My Baby's Daddy"

    ...is there something amiss here when I don't recognize one of those movies? I live in a different country not a different planet.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Wench said…

    Jet, feeling a bit dark is absolutely normal and fine. Each one of us is intitled to that. Anyone who knows me knows i am a dark and mysterious person 90% of the time, with long periods of depression, anxiety and a splash of psycho, and occasional opposite manic highs now and then. We all go thru it,"the dark side" some rebound easier and faster. others stay trapped in their own hell for long time to follow. i personally have been trapped for about a year in my "Funk" And somedays are better than others, and, yes there are some days that are far worse hell than the purgatory i currently live in, the days that drag you down so damned far that you think you'll never see the light again...just remember So long as you find a way to vent. be it by blogging, or chatting to a great friend, you'll find that the dark side of you doesn't always have to be portrayed as the worst side of you. I still stand by my last comment...Free speech...no likey?..move on!
    Peace friend!

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Les said…

    They're black movies, fire...responisble for pushing the progress that black people have made in society BACK another 400 years....I wish I could explain it better than that,,,

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    i loved johnson family vacation...the cookout had me peeing my pants almost...never seen my baby's daddy though.

    why do ya need to keep whatcha think underwraps? i thought that's what a daily journal/blog was for??? its not to impress anyone..vent away...just maybe not mention my name when yer blowin smoke up the almighty's robe ya know what i'm sayin?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home