"Rain"

It’s twenty after 6pm, I’ve been cramped on an A train since I got on at Times Square. Getting off at my station, I exit off the train move up the platform and make my way to the stairway to the outside. I notice several people hesitantly climb the steps while others open up umbrellas. “Just a light sprinkle..” I thought, it was drizzling a little bit when I got off work downtown. I ascend the stairs into a downpour, the water’s hitting the cement at a high speed velocity making it look like lines of white. My stride is unchanged as my walk home is only a couple of blocks from the station. The rain immediately collects on my sunglasses that I wore despite the cloudy day, my shirt dampens and begins to cling on my dense hardened skin. People are scattering everywhere as the rain intensifies, I show no sign of annoyance and continue walking. Then it hits me, “He’s mad at me…” I whisper to no one. HE wants to show his discontent. Fine by me. Water streaks across my eyes, I’m practically blinded, but I walk as if it was a clear day. I blink repeatedly, but it just make my eyes burn with irritation. My hair becomes matted on my head like a damp brilo-pad as the rain pours down harder, and harder. A sneer of contempt emerges across my face, “Is that your best?”, I mumble. “Is that all you got, huh?”. This is nothing, you think I’m perturbed by a mere drenching? You think soaking me is gonna me forget about all you’ve put me through? You’re gonna have to do better than that! I can take it. You think this is gonna give me the sniffles by tomorrow morning?, HA! I got a healing factor that’ll make Wolverine jealous. I rarely get sick, all the germ filled people on the subway, I touch the poles, I sit on the seats…nothing. You can’t get me with your little rain storm, you’re always coming up short, you know that? Over 20,000 die in a tsunami and does anyone blame you?, no! It wasn’t you that time, right? It was just a very bad day, riiiight.. Be there any day you take some responsibility for once! Say, “Yeah I did it!”, “It was me, it was my doing, it’s ALL my doing!”, but no, not you…you wouldn’t take any credit if it was given to you, you’re a coward. You created man and then created women and then gave them the responsibility to populate the earth, WHY COULD’T YOU DO IT YOURSELF! No love, no marriage, no consummation, no procreation, no childbirth, just *POOF, you’re here, make the world a better place. Why give us the task that you yourself started? What kind of Half-Assed attitude is that? It’s lazy, and irresponsible and that goes back to ACCEPTING responsibility, that was your first mistake, not admitting that you fucked up, just a little bit. But I guess that’s the price we pay for YOUR screw ups, a life of uncertainty, a life of doubt, a life ruled by fear, because in the end that’s what YOU use to control us, FEAR. Fear of dying, fear of our children dying, fear of being alone, it’s what makes us weak. And as I finally make my way home, on this rainy day, as the water stings my eyes and pours down my back to the crack of my ass, I know…I’m afraid…and that’s why…I have nothing but contempt for you, and there’s nothing you can do to change my mind.

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Your blog and I will respect that...but on sooo many levels I disagree with you.

    I tried about 5 times to post a comment and all I've been able to do is sit here and almost cry.

    All I will say is...

    I like the rain. It washes away the "dirt" and makes the air smell fresh and clean.
    Imagine a life where you never felt the rain on your face...

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Holy shit, and I thought I had a bad day.

    **ATTENTION NEW YORKERS: If you see lightning, walk away at a 90 degree angle from Jet in a calm and controlled manner**

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Wench said…

    Dude, I am by no means a bible totin' preachin type of person and I understand the need to vent after a fucked up crazy day. Dis the big guy all you want. Free speech right? I do agree with kimmyk about the rain. Dude, rain is sexy on soooo many levels. If you don't care for rain, is most likely because you have not truly, honestly experienced the sheer erotic sexiness of it yet!!!! And you should, (and /or will) someday! so bitch all ya want about the big guy upstairs. people don't like it...they don't have to read...MOVE ON!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    It must still be raining where you are...or you've been shot down by a lightning bolt.

    *slappin ya on the back* put on those rubbers and get back out there..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home