"These weatherpeople are on CRACK!"

What a bummer...I had copies of my TV script all ready, I left mad early, and no one showed up at my meetup today...I come back home and checked the site, I was the only one who RSVP'd attendance, everybody else had other plans. I'm back home by 2pm and the house is deserted. The weather guy's have predicted rain all weekend, but it's 78 degrees and beautiful outside. I take a chance and go out of a few quick, but important errands and come back. I enjoy the peace and quiet of the house (Mom was at the travel agency confirming her trip to Las Vegas and she left my niece downstairs with a neighbor to baby-sit.) and since it felt like summer for once, I endulged myself to chill outside on our terrace.

After 5 years in a studio with no view, I had to say, I missed hanging out on our family hi-rise terrace...the view of the neighborhood a few stories below, the horizon, seeing the sunsets...when I was 13 years old, my first girlfriend, Opal Robinson gave me my first kiss on our terrace...Granddady painted the back wall and ground floor at every 3 or 4 years, real exotic colors...and then my stupid sister almost climbed over the railing when she was 16, threating to commit suicide, little she'd know that a fall from our height, wouldn't kill her instantly, but could PARALYZE her for the rest of her life...my mom was so frantic that day....

Mom compains so much about the rent and neighborhood and the building's poor maintenance, but if I could afford it, and find the perfect roommates (or dare I say start a family of my own!?!?!?) I'd never move from this apartment. Mom's master plan to to move next year. She's turning 58 years old this year and is trying to find some Senior Citizen housing community to disappear to and live happily ever after...and she belives that I'm going to mess her plans by depending on her to take care of me again...THE NERVE!...the fuckin' Audacity this woman has! I may be slumping now, but I'm not wearing any diapers or anything...her mystical, "Shangri-La" Senior Citizen hideaway practally doesn't exist in this city. I don't know where she thinks she's going to go, or how she's getting there. I'm telling you, Tony Soprano's mother has nothing on mine! She may have not have abused me physically, but there is an abundance of MENTAL abuse.

When the rain didn't come, I snuck back out to blockbuster and rented "Snatch", "Hellboy", and "After the Sunset". I've been going DVD ga-ga since I got my burner. I even brought an advance copy of "Chappelle's Show" Season 2. Speaking of which, what the hell is up with HIM, lately?...He's had a "Mariah Carey"-like Meltdown and disappeared before Season 3 can get started. By the evening, the rain never showed up and a beautiful day was wasted, no meetup, peaceful house, beautiful weather, damn I need a girlfriend to spend of time with!!!

Maybe I should put a personal ad on eHarmony.com or Lavaline, or one of these things...or maybe even craigslist or yahoo personals...?

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    alot of people i know who have found someone found them on yahoo personals, and match.com

    just an fyi for ya..

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Wench said…

    I agree...Al Roker smokes crack. I anticipated rain all weekend as well, and nothin became of it. Sounds like you have a cool little place that you currently call home. I am sure there is some cool places; as far as adult retirement communities; go that are around. Just do a little research. And as far as needing a lady friend....everyone deserves someone. SHE...the One... is out there somewhere. You'll find each other when the time is right. Have faith in that...*sighs* I do! Have a good day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home