"Journey" (No, not the rock band!)

The last line in my previous entry (About the weather in Amsterdam) was sneek peek on what I'm thinking about very soon!

Ya see, Semptember 27th is my birthday (All the libra out there, holla!), and more important than that, it's mt 30th Birthday. That's big, three decades on this planet and I have nothing to show for it. No accomplishments, no achivements, no highlights. I have to do something this year to remember this landmark moment in life. SO, I want to go somewhere...ANYwhere! See the world, europe, just something to remember. I just don't know what, or how.

My assignment at the UN DOES end in september (If we're on schedule). I could use this opportunity to save up and start a new life somewhere....but I'm so picky!

I don't want anyplace extremely hot, so Florida, Bahamas, and Mexico are out. I wanna go somewhere...weird, unusual. I just saw "Insomina" with Al Pacino, it took place in a area up in alaska where it's completly Sunny 6 months straight (Day and Night) and then completly Dark the following 6 months, I dunno, something about that has a certain appeal for me, I'm real curious to see how it would be to life up there for a year.

Amsterdam is also poping in my head, the people speak english, they're pretty much laid back over there (And there's the infamous red light district!)

New Zealand is a possibility, but I hear it takes forever to get there by plane.

I dunno, I'm just thinking about it for now, september is still a few months away...

I need some input on this...

The Big 3-0...who'd knew I'd make it THIS far?!?!?

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I would sooo move to Alaska...I think. Maybe. I would love to be surrounded by the ocean and the mountains, but that whole light 6 months than dark for 6 months might screw with my body a bit too much.

    New some chatters from before who were Kiwi's. Their weather was just like ours...hot cold, hot cold. *shrugs*
    I'm thinkin of Portland in a few years..or NC after my kiddies are gone. I hate the snow....

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Oh yah, that whole just register your email addy thing for the portable playstation? They want way more than your email address...sorry..If it was just en email addy-sure...but it's not...again..sorry.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Ladyred said…

    eh too cold for me in alaska! i had a friend stationed there, he said it was different, dark for 6 months etc. interesting tho...i'm a libra too *shout out*. yea i am havin my midlife thing i think, i went to utah last year for a survival type thing, was awesome. want to go on a safari next. but i applied to art school and got in soooo that will have to wait. let's see. nothing tropical eh? no hawaii then? it's a steady 80 something usually, always a breeze cause of the water...have ya thought of like the dakotas or something? hehe

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I found this blog and thought of you....

    http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home