"Stolen from yet another Blog..."

10 Years Ago (1995), I:

1. Quit college after 2 years to take care of my mom after an operation laid her up for a long time.
2. Was promoted to "Acting Senior Clerk" while working in the library because our boss was hit by a cab. With little expirience, I had to supervise 3 clerks and 4 pissed off pages that hated me and earn their respect.
3. broke off my second most serious relaionship with a japanese college student because she brought ne too many gifts and was basically making me the "Bitch" of the relationship. It was the ONLY time I have ever dumped someone, I consider it one of the hardest things I ever had to do.
4. Wore hazel contacts to attract girls
5. was known for wearing a red generic baseball cap, similar to Indiana Jones and his Fedora.

7 Years Ago (1998), I:
1. was working second shift at a law firm in the village.
2. also hooked up my two stoner friends when they came down from New Paltz and Binghamton for the summer.
3. became a total "nighcrawler", going to clubs and late night movie theaters after work. I used to go to the Blue Note Jazz club at 2am, just to relax and chill after a wild night.
4. discoved and explored the East Village as if my name was "Columbus"
5. Was extremely pissed off at my mother for letting my sister keep her child after getting knocked up a second time.

6 Years Ago (1999), I:

1. was working for Chase Bank.
2. Fell in love for the 2nd time in my life...
3. Had sex for the 2nd time.
4. Was dumped on my 24th Birthday.
5. Saw the scariest movie in my life. ("Blair Witch Project")

5 Years Ago (2000), I:
1. was making the most money possible working for a Health Insurance.
2. Finally moved out and got a place of my own.
3. had no cable for the first month (June) in my new place so I had to watch VHS tapes of cartoons I recorded back in the day (Darkwing Duck, C.O.P.S., Ninja Turtles, Batman and Transformers).
4. Had about 7 credit cards that were digging me in a serious hole of debt.
5. Saw Moby for the first time live at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

3 Years Ago (2002), I:
1. was working in westchester (Still in Health Insurance), I needed to get away from the city after 9/11.
2. developed a strong crush for a co-worker who was much older than me.
3. became pissed off when other ex-coworkers followed me up to westchester and were treated better than me (promotions, etc...)
4. finally filed for bankrupcy.
5. saw Bjork live for the first time at Radio City Music Hall

2 Years Ago (2003), I:
1. became an insominac. I can never get a full night's rest since the friend that helped me get my job in westchester left the job after the death of her sister. I don't know if she quit, or if she was fired, but in true surivior guilt fashion, I can no longer sleep at night.
2. begin to show signs of stress and fatigue as the job takes it's toll on me.
3. discover Craigslist.
4. smacked my niece the once and only time so far on the head for kicking me between my legs one too many times.
5. Rejected a sexual advance from co-worker due to the fact that Eagles didn't go to the super bowl.

1 Year Ago (2004), I:
1. shocked the whole office and quit my job in westchester.
2. rejected yet another sexual advance due to the fact that I was packed and ready to leave.
3. discovered the joys of Broadband.
4. Loss my basic cable channels.
5. found a semi-decient job working back in the city.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I've seen this here and there-I thought bout doin it actually, then I realized I can't remember where I was 5 years ago...gypsy mentality.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home