"25th Hour"

Remember that Edward Norton movie where he plays a Drug Dealer celebrating his last days of freedom before doing a 7 year bid upstate? That was me and mom this weekend. This is OUR 25th Hour, Psycho-Sis is going down to Richmond, Virgina and meet up with her Baby's Father's family to pick up my niece. The two parties decided on traveling to a neutral spot in the middle to save the family from driving so much. My sister's going down by bus where she'll pickup the little monster and head back to the city. By this time next week, we're back to the bullshit babysitting duties.

Oh, well...it was fun while it lasted. I felt me and mom should have done one last trip anywhere today, but it was too damn hot.

I rented "Troy" friday and we saw that for the first time. In high school, I studied "The Iliad" and the Trojan War so well I knew it like the back of my hand. I like how the movie followed it to the letter. Mom thought it was too gory and violent (She actually screamed during that 5 second battle where Brad Pitt stabs the giant in the shoulder...I was like "damn, mom it's not a horror movie!").

Friday I also returned to work...to find a huge load of work waiting for me! It seems that by the weirdest of coincidences, one of the scanning machines broke while I was away! (What are the odds?!?!?), so now the workload is on the verge of overcoming us. If the repair guy can't get the piece to fix the machine soon...AH, we were ahead of production schedule anyway, worst case scenario we finish the project ON TIME instead or what we though would be the next couple of weeks.

Saturday I got this urge to rearrainge my room a bit, so I moved a four out of the five things around in different places, leaving the bookcase where it was after it was finally repaired. I move things around alot because I get tired of the same ol' setup. In the five years I lived in my studio, I must of moved everything around at least 10 times.

Finally, I submitted my TV Show Pilot to two TV Screenwriting contests this weekend. Seeing that TV show on Bravo "Situation:Comedy" made me get back on track of pushing the show. I wanna get back to updating the blog for it as well, start putting in character profiles and early storylines that will start the series. I gotta get the ball rolling, I'm in the middle of the fifth episode and I know I could do the whole 15 episode first season if I had some time to sit down and write!

And TV needs my show...the shit that I'm seeing now...FX has these two shows that are starting this coming week, "Starved" & "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" (Or something like that..). I saw the commercials for these shows and I was like "What the F**K!?!??!", what the hell kind of crap is this? FX draws these viewer in with raw, gritty dramas like "The Shield", "Nip/Tuck" and "Rescue Me" (Which I give props to, but never the less cannot sit down and actually watch for 15 minutes...) and then they fill up the airwaves with movies and weird ass shows like these two. I don't understand. And then Showtime's beginning to piss me off by making a TV show based on "Barbershop" along with a crazy suburban "Desprate Housewives" clone called "Weeds"...GOD, I'm so glad I steal my cable because it's so not worth paying for with channels like these.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I rented Constantine with Keanu Reeves. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

    You must live on a different fucking planet cuz I don't know any of these tv shows yer spoutin' off about. Then again, I rarely watch the tv now. I'm waiting for LOST to start back up for season 2.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home