"If books were money, I'd be Scrooge McDuck!"

I'm in the midst of fixing my bookcase and organizing my books. I sometimes can't get over how many books I have. Reading WAS always my thing...I mean, why else am I obessed with working in a library?

I have to admit though, the number of books I read a year have declined, or rather plumeted lately. In the last couple of years, I've just haven't had time. I used to read on the bus or the train, at work, over the weekend, etc, etc...but nowadays, I'm just tired all the time. I can't get enough sleep.

I'm even looking for shortcuts for reading, Like Ebooks, or Books-on-Tape. The last book I read was James Patterson's "London Bridges" and the beginning of the year. I've been trying to get back in the Janet Evanovich series and started "To the Nines".

And then, there's the freaky erotic books I sometimes read when I wanna exercise that wicked immagination of mine...The Zane books are good for calming down my sex drive. How many times I've read "Nervious" and wished I could be the "Jekyll and Hyde" Nyphomaniac portrayed in the novel.

Then, there are my African-American Mysteries...Walter Mosley, Gary Hardwick, Hugh Holton, I've read them all! My favorite mystery is still "Black Betty" by Mosley, only because of it's awesome ending.

I got too much, my graphic novels based on comics strips like "Calvin and Hobbes", Garfield", "Foxtrot", and "The Boondocks"

*Sighs*

I swear I just swim in all the books I have...burrow underneath them like a gopher...and then throw them in the air and hit me on the head. (That's a lil Ducktales humor, there,)

SO, aside from the whole book, thing...my mom's going nuts about psycho-sis. Apparently little miss unsanitary's got a case of fleas. Mom thinks she got them from a kitty-carrier she borrowed from a neighbor. My sister's alienated all the people in her building, she doesn't want to throw the damn cage away, thinking the neighbor'll come back soon for it. Mom's furious at how my sister's letting this "Project Living" mentality destroy her life. Mom is sick of bailing her out or telling her what to do when trouble comes up. She's 25 years old, she'll be 26 in november, she shouldn't be going through so much. When problems burden my sister, she becomes a burden to mom, who then in turn drive ME crazy by sharing my sisters problems with me. I don't need to hear her nonsense, I got my own issues. But you see, I'm different. I keep all my shit inside. I share my pain with no one, going through all this movin' back in with mom stuff is killing me inside, plus no one knows about my insomina, or my other problems, they think everything's all right with Les, he's fine cuz he don't say nothing...THEY DON'T HAVE A FUCKIN' CLUE how I'm feelin', because I'm keeping it all inside, buried deep, until one day...everything's gonna see the light, and maybe then, they'll all understand...that I got problems, too.

Fleas, idiot thugs smacking her up, her house falling apart, her "Everybody's against Me" attitude...she has no clue, the world has been bending backwards for her since time began, she chooses to do things the hard way...and it just makes my mother mad, which makes me mad...the vicious circle.

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Had a yard sale last year and the biggest seller was all my paperbacks. Unfortunately I still have a massive amount left over. Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child are my faves at the moment with FBI agent Pendergast. Koontz is also good. Stephen King tends to ramble. Or get the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. Awesome stuff.

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    i just watched that bravo show-where the people pitch thier sitcom to that guy from will and grace. i can't think of the name and i'm too lazy to look it up, but here's my point-why the hell didn't you do that with call numbers? am i gonna have to be your agent and get your shit out there? don't make me come to NY.

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Les said…

    I know, I tried to go for that show! But they only wanted comedies, to dramas!...it's cool, TV Guide has a contest that I'm going to submit my concept to...the deadline's August 1st!

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Preston-Child novels are cool, but I never got into them after "The Relic", I thought that was their best book, and the movie didn't do it justice...I can't get into Koontz...He's right up there with John Grisham (DON'T get me started on how I can't stand his sorry pieces of work!)

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    August 1st is Monday-are you ready for this? Ya better get crackin and get that shit turned in. But do ya watch that show-wtf is the name of it anyways? Anywho..learn your pitch. That seems to be the killer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home