"The last temptation of Jet"

Anybody reading this entry first, scroll down and re-read the previous one about how I was going Ga-Ga over a PSP...

Okay, It's 5am, and I still can't go to sleep, the sun is about to come up...and I've been writing and surfing (and nodding off) throughout the night. I swing by craigslist for the hell of it and lookup PSP's in the sales/wanted section...there's an ad that was posted 3am by someone selling a PSP for 220.00.

I read the ad thinking it's bullshit, but for the hell of it, I reply that I'm intrested and if he's serious to reply quickly before 7am. I stay up for a few hours checking my mail, no reply, I unplugg and turn in for a few hours of sleep.

I get up at 10am, mom's getting ready to go to church, she makes a few calls while I eat breakfast and twidle my thumbs thinking if I got an email waiting for me. Mom leaves at 11, and I get back online...still no email, I guess the kid was full of it, or maybe someone else got the deal...

At 12:35pm, I got the email...he was still selling it, he was willing to meet in Brooklyn.

"Why'd it had to BK" is thought.

My first instinct was it could be a setup, me and Brooklyn have a bad history, and I never EVER go there unless it's really worth it. "This could be a set-up", I thought. I go there, I get jumped for my money, game over...the dude sounded sincere on the cell phone though so I rushed outta the house.

Still a little nervious, I get a IM on my cell phone while riding the train downtown, he wants to do the deal around 4pn, he had to do something else. Alarms start to go off in my head, "He's trying to get a crew together to rob us" I thought. You gotta be carefull doing these deals. I get to Flatbush Ave at around 2:30pm, I scope the station out, plan my escape routes in case I gotta run. It safer making the deal in a subway station, lots a people around, they're rarely deserted, you can still get jumped and people won't care, though...

I kill some time and 4pm rolls around, no sign of anybody...I get a text message at 4:15...He's stuck in Jersey, the deal's gotta wait till tomorrow. I was furious, I texted him back to meet me in manhattan then, it wasn't fair, I responded to the ad quickly, hauled ass over to BK only to get stood up. He agreed and then I went back home.

I almost thought about calling the whole thing off, but to be so close have getting the PSP within my grasp...*GASP!*...I can't quit now! By tomorrow, it will be MINE!!!

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home