"Little man, you've had a busy Day."

"It's been a long time,"

"I should of left you..."

"...With A dope beat to Step To."


I know I haven't posted in a while, and I have no one to blame but myself. I can't help it, though. I've been enjoying my PSP. All I play is Golf, in the morning on the way to work, during my lunch break, when I get home. I play, and play, and play. I've unlock 4 of the 10 characters and I average -4 (four under par) per game.

I've even joined a PSP meetup group! This past thursday, went to a Starbucks, and there were others, middle-aged adults, sitting together playing various games and enjoying each other's company. I joined in the fun, introduced myself and recieved a warm reception. I played in a tournament, sampled other games, and bear witness to an upset win in Baseball. The PSP group meets every week, so it's only a matter of time before I'll start to feel like one of guys...

Aside from the PSP, I've also been working on the TV show. There's a screenwriting contest deadline coming up next week and I'm getting together my latest proposal for entry.

Work's been work...we passed the 600,000 mark this week and we're still on course to finish the million document project by the end of August. I never heard anything from Peak Document Services (I interviewed with them a couple of weeks before) and nothing else I've sent my resume out to has gotten me a call on my cell.

Mom's traveling around the US like she's Carmen Sandiego. After just coming back from Vegas she took a Greyhound down to Maryland for the weekend to attend A FRIEND's family reunion celebration. She also has a wedding to attend in Ohio in August so she's debating flying versus the bus.

So, all alone this weekend, I had a few plans myself. One of my meetup groups decided on taking a cruise around the city on the infammous "Circle Line" cruise ship. I haven't been on one of those since I was in the 3rd grade. It felt cool, prentending to be a tourist and admiring the city from the outside, but once again, not hat many meetup members showed up for the trip.

Once the cruise was done and we all went our separate ways, I walked back up to 8th Avenue (From the piers on 12th Avenue mind you!) and decided to finally see "Fantastic Four" at the AMC. The movie was great! Well executed, fast paced, and funny as hell. The movie kept it true to the comic book displaying the hostile relationship between Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm as well as the Human Torch's impuslive, showboating behavior. It was a cool touch showing Johny's struggle to fly at first (Kinda reminding me of "The adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle", when Rocky kept insisting that he could fly and he didn't get it right till the very end...) and I also like the fact that they decided to make the blind woman that falls for "The Thing", Alicia Masters a black woman. I hope they do a sequel and bring in the "Mole Man" villan.

Pressing my luck at the AMC, I decided once again to do some theater hopping. I treated myself to a free screening of "Charlie and Chocolate Factory". I like MOST of the "Tim Burton/Johnny Depp" colaborations, but something about this movie disapointed me. Visually, the movie kicks ass, but the silly backstory about Willy Wonka's past and his enstrangement with his father spoiled the pace of movie for me. The same thing happened in "Sleepy Hollow" when Depp's Ichabod Crane (Spell check?) kept thinking back to his mother. The same type of flashbacks dampens what could have been a cool, and outstanding remake. Judging by the theater attendence, the movie will make money (Hopefully not more than "Fantastic Four"!) but compaired to the other summer movies so far, it's kinda up there with "Episode III" on the Disappoint Scale.

I was kinda tired at that point or I would have tried to check out "Dark Water", or "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (I'm trying to catch that before it goes away and comes out on DVD by x-mas...) so I went on home to collapse on my bed. Around 1am, I woke up and decided to get online for a bit, so here I am...

Cheers.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I saw Fantastic 4 this past weekend-I liked it. I was surprised, I didn't want to see another comic book movie, but was glad I did. I can't believe you can theatre hop and not get busted...that's pretty cool. Sounds like ya had a busy weekend. That's a good thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home