"I see the darkness appoaching, Neo..."

Well, on the work front, the scanner repair person arrived in the afternoon to repair the broken machine that was slowing down production. Now, with things back in full swing, I'm pretty sure this UN assignment will be history in two weeks.

Which is why it's so spooky that one of my previous Health Insurance firms has contacted me again. The idea of going back to HealthFirst back near ground zero seems almost possible now. I told myself that I would NEVER go back to working in Enrollment due to the politics, but what the hell? They want me back, who am I to say "No"? I did leave on good terms with them when I went up to Westchester. I blamed my departure on 9/11 rather than the gross incompetence and cut-throat office enviroment that was the back-stabbing Enrollment Department. Maybe after so many years things have changed, that I can go in process applications submitted by legit marketing reps following HIPPA guidelines, that they won't fail any audits due to ignorant supervision, and I won't be the evnvy of my co-workers causing them to conspire to get me fired or demoted...S'YEAH Right!!! and pigs will fly right out of my ass while I'm at it!

I would only go back if I was desprate, which means, I probablly will go...besides it'll be nice mend those broken hearts I did when I left (I'm 87% Shakeema Carter from Claims had crush on me, we go way back...).

After relaxing at home for only 29 minutes, Psycho-Sis dropped by from her 18-hour bus journey to pick up my niece who's been down in North Carolina that past few weeks. There was actually a little part of me that missed my lil' Boo-Boo.

So, the end is near, what's a brother to do? Treat every damn day at that place like it'll be my last, and after that? Who knows? Back to Seacaucus?, HealthFirst?, somewhere else? SOMEBODY STOP ME!

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Define "near ground zero". One or two blocks? Where were you that day?

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I second that.

    I mean what FS5 said. Where were you that day?

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Oy, the questions, when will they end?!? Our office was on Williams Street which was five and a half blocks south of WTC. I plan to recall the whole ordeal that I went through in blog format this year on that day (9/11/2005).

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    So I have to wait a whole month to hear bout that? That's a good way to keep me comin back....still sucks though..I wanna know. I'm impatient.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home