"Picture-not-so-Perfect"

I've been reading my usual collection of blogs (Fire's, Kimmyk's, LadyLong, LadyRed, Prissy, Home Detention Lady, yadda, yadda yadda...and I've notice a lot of picture posts recently. I've sorta shyed away from any personal pics posts due to my last one not getting one laugh, giggle, or response (I take that personally!). I felt like Dr. Evil in "Goldmember"..."Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my submarine lair. It's long, hard and full of seaman!....No? Nothing? Not even a titter? Tough sub..."

DEspite all that, I've decided to give it a try again...

I took a lot of pictures while on the Circle Line Cruise around the city...lets take a peek...




Lady Liberty...it's very hard to center a pic when you're on a moving boat





There's a children's book called "The Little Red Lighthouse, and the Great Grey Bridge" . It's a great book that teaches you that even small things can do big important jobs. The Great grey bridge in question is The George Washington Bridge, and right underneath it, there really IS a little red lighthouse! Read the book, and hopefully one day if you're in the city, you can look for it!




This is PEANUT, my mother's big, fat, lazy cat that makes Garfield look like superman! The Jabba the Hut-like tabby can barely fit in his plastic blue bed box. (PS, your eyes do not decieve you, YES that is a 1982 TOMYTRONIC Tron Tabletop antique video game. Most of the paint's faded, but it still works, my best score:5,734 points)

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I've always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty. That would be cool to do a cruise around the city. I can't imagine living in NY..so much to do and see...Ok the cat? Why does the cat sleep in a blue tub? Never seen anything like that before. Do people in NY walk thier cats on leashes? I saw someone close to my parents house walking thier cat on a leash...crazy.

    Thanks for the share.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    P.S.
    I've said all along to post pictures-for the hiljacks like myself that have never really been to a big city. I'd post pics of my surroundings, but....ya seen one corn field or wheat field, soybean field..ya seen 'em all.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Les said…

    That's true, you were asking for pics of Times Square near the MTV Studio, I pass it by on the crosstown bus, but I'm never just walkin' around there...

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger ladylongfellow said…

    Ya sneaky litta basta...visiting my blog and not posting! *whispering* Do I know you? I got here from Mr. Y's blog -but I am assuming that there are not too many Ladylong's...lol. I expect a post, now!

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Ladyred said…

    yea i've never been to NY so it's nice to see the photos. i hope to make it up there through school....and i should have more photos soon, working on obtaining a better digital cam woohoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home