"9/11/01: A look back, 4 years later."

I wanted to do a good post with pics at each site where I was during my ill-fated journey that day, but I just didn't have time...and as I started writing, I knew this entry was going to be too long for me to have on this site...

So, I did some research and found a website that offered file storage online.

My account of what I went throught that day, me being only 3 blocks south of where the planes hit...can be found here A file download...

It's in Microsoft Word (*.doc) format, and it's a VERY long, emotional read. I only offer it to those that are curious about a true New Yorker's account that day, what he was going through, what was on his mind, and what he saw...

If somehow the link doesn't work, I'll try and fix it.

I'm almost glad my Eagles arent playing today, it's not a good day to start a new year of hope and putting faith in a cause again (Super Bowl...), it's a day to remember, and make sure those that were lost never get forgotten.

1-Love

9/11/05 7:30pm

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    -i can't believe you fell asleep for 3 hours.
    -i can't believe ya got on the train....
    -i can't imagine feeling the ground under me shake for 15 seconds
    wierd isn't it....i watched it happen when you couldn't see....and you felt it.
    -i can't imagine what it was like there-all that debris and smoke and the sound alone on tv was deafening.
    -i can't imagine hearing it first hand.

    i gotta say though-the comment about going to McD's...completely floored me. Just faced with chaos there were people still there eating...and it was open. I would expect that though in NY. (no offense-just NY'ers have this rep of being ya know-hard core "dont fuck with me i'm a NY'er" sort of attitude.)

    i'm glad you were ok...and I'm glad I found your blog that day you were talkin about makin the booty call.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Here's another bloggers account of her day...will probably seem familiar to you since you and her seem to be in the same area.

    http://newyorkmomentsblog.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home