"Bad Day at the Office"

I had a box of ancient, tissue-paper-like, carbon and parchment papers dating as far back as 1946!; Jamming in the machine and going in more than one page at a time! It took me 3 HOURS to finish it and it was only 1879 pages! I wish I could explain how embarassing that is to my production standards, but it'll take a while.

I had my camera with me and I was alone for the moment when I was done (The otehr two co-workers stepped out...) and I felt like I wanted to document my fustration with a pic, so I took a quick one...



Pretty scary, huh? I look like James Gandolfini ready to whack someone!


A couple hours go by and I get some more time alone and i think to myself, "C'mon, I should do at least one pic smiling here at the office so I took another...



There, that's a little better....

I tried one last one from up above trying to get my scanning machine, but the angle didn't work....



AND let's face it, I just don't know how to smile, it's always been a weakness of mine. I can do serious (downright menacing even!), but for me to crack a smile, it takes a crowbar. The office is so small, and the sun comes in the window at an angle that makes taking pictures tricky so don't expect any more of these...unless I get another "box from Hell".

Well, we all have our off days...

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I love the "thinker" pic!

    Very cool!!!!

    OMG @ taking pics in the UN.

    You still take the subway or train, bus still? Make up this elaborate story and ask them a question....then post it.

    I think this would be the coolest project. I'd do it, but where I live we don't even have taxi's sooo.....

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger ladylongfellow said…

    Oooo...I wanna see that "sexy smile thang" and the "do me" look. Work for the camera, work it!

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Les said…

    I AM NOT THAT BIG!! it was a closeup shot and you know the camera adds 10 pounds and all that!...THAT'S IT, NO MORE SELF PICS!!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    WTG FS5!

    Jet, pay no attn to the man behind the curtain.
    He don't know what the fuck he's talkin about. Ask him where his self portrait pics are?!
    I say screw it and keep posting yourself....I totally love the pictures....means youre keeping it real.

    *pinching FS5 really hard on the leg*

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Holy hell, I wasn't makin' negative comments! Jet's just one BFB (Big Fuckin' Brotha)...ain't nothing' wrong with that!



    I'd still use the Jet Signal if I ended up in the fuckin' Bronx or sumthin after dark though....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home