"Paging Dr. Black"

I had a cool dream last night after watching the premere of "House". I did a TV show simular to "House", but based on my expirence in Health Care Enrollment. I'm the cranky Applications Evalauator tearing a new one to all the Marketing Reps submitting shoddy paperwork while children are having problems with their coverage. I viciously attack everyone in my path, and while the entire office can't stand me, they know I'm right all the time... here's a few quotes:

"A six year old with asthma can't buy a refill for her pump today, why? Because her coverage ran out two months ago?, WHY, because her parents didn't recertify with us for another year!, and WHY because they never got their "It's time for Recertification" package in the mail, AND WHY?! Because they moved and YOU failed to update their address in our system! Now a little girl's in the hospital and someone else has their health insurance package because of you, you spineless idiot!...These people depend of US to help them when they get sick, their LIVES are in our hands!...EVERYONE DIES, people! Let's prevent some from doing that!"

(That "Everyone Dies" is a play on House's repeated line "Everyone Lies")

In the dream I had like 5 different episodes with unique stories, like one of my staff turning a blind eye to a Marketing Rep's mistakes...

"You're playing favorites, WHY?...You don't have a crush on her, do you?...Ohmigod, you DO!?!?!...you're judgement's clouding your work, you're off "Determinations", I'm sending you to the "Monkey Cages", Data Entry...Move!"

There would be some sexual tension between me and the supervisor of the Data Entry of Applications Divison...

"I'm sending a fallen angel to your neck of the woods for awhile...have fun with him, make sure he suffers well...in the meantime is there anyone in the cages I can use for a little bit, someone you suspect has "The Sight"?"

Her:"Did a good job picking you out, huh?...You never did THANK me for giving you that kick in the ass you needed."

"I was just fine the way I was, all you've done is make my life more...interesting."

Her:"Then why haven't we had lunch together in so long..."

"Because the girl I like is in the File Room because of you."

Her (Spits):"WRONG!, she's in the file room because YOU saved her! It be up to me she'd be fired a long time ago!"

"And for what? Stealing me away from you?"

Her:"Damn Skippy."

Then, I would butt heads with the head of Marketing...

Him:"You're rejecting over 35% of submitted applications back to us and that is affecting our enrollment rate considerbly!"

"I toss back those apps because the paper is not worthy enough to use for toliet tissue! You got 15 Reps making 40 thousand a year, in their 500 dollar hugo boss suits driving 50,000 SUV's all around this city using Window Envelopes with fake addresses, forging signatures of clients that have changed their minds and signed up with other health insurance firms, AND submitting paystubs two weeks apart claiming they get paid bi-weekly when the YEAR TO DATE ammount says different! Your Marketing Reps are THE most corrupt, stupid, Highest Paid, Good Looking LIARS this country has ever seen!"

Him:"YOU HAVE NO PROOF!!!"

(Slams Down a batch of 20 applications) "Then what the hell is all this!??!?"

It'd go on and one like this every episode, and it's exactly what I had to go through in real life! How cool would that show be? BUT first things first, gotta do the Library show first...Speaking of which I got my rejection email from TVGuide.com saying my idea didn't make the final selections. Thay said the idea had merit, but would be better pitched as a comedy sitcom rather than a serious drama. I hear that everytime! I'm shooting for "Boston Public" or "The West Wing", they wanna see it as a "Night Court" or "Newsradio". Well there's one more contest that I submitted to that announces it's winners (or finalist) in October.

This dream was too cool, though....it's funny how a TV show affects you sometime...

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home