"Told you, I did...Reckless is She...Now, All is Lost..."That Girl's our last hope"...No, there is another...

While enjoying the fine hospitatlity of my mother's sister, I've been passing on my know-how like the well mentoring Jedi Master to his Padawan. My Auntee's had her fly computer since last christmas and has yet to use it to the full extent of it's abilities. Don't get me wrong, she digs the internet, she loves chatting online (Probably trying to find some young thang to seduce!), she's slowly getting the hang of burning her own CD's, but her biggest gripe is everyone's favorite pastime, BURNNING DVDS! She downloads movie files of the latest films (Or ones she THINKS that are the latest to hit the theater...) and saves them on the computer to watch, but she hasn't figured out how to burn them on DVD's and watch them on her HUGE TV in her living room.

The poor, unknowning, sapling...SO, I've been showing her the ways of the force...

By introducing her to the usefulness of NeroVision Express, I had the lil' country bumpkin makin' DVDs in no time.

She's been using a simple little file sharing program called "LimeWire" to get her stuff...child's play! I introduced her to the advance stylings of BitComet and the amazing world of Torrents. There were some snags in the learing process. Auntee has the patience of a 5 year old when it comes to downloading files. She gets furious when a file doesn't work, or it's not what it's supposed to be. She tried to download Tom Cruise's "War of the Worlds" and got the 1959 version instead! Then she tried to get "Four Brothers" and after two bogus file downloads that didn't work, she got a movie file that did work, only the movie was dubbed in spanish!

Now, someone like me, wouldn't mind the headaches, but SHE just went NUTS! It's going to be awhile before she gets into the swing of things.

We spent the evening looking at TV together...Auntee has hundreds of channels at her disposal, and all she looks at are Movie Channels. No VH1, MTV, BET, BRAVO, Comedy Central, Sci-Fi, not even network TV (CBS, FOX, NBC, and all them...) She HATES commercials, she has the attention span of, of, I can't even compare! She is so out of touch with some things! I had called mom to ask about my mail, she said that my latest State Quarter had arrived. Auntee didn't know what a State Quarter was! I had to explain to her the whole history on how our Quarters have been changed over the last 6 years to reflect all 50 states in the order of statehood and how we were up to the State Quarter of Oregon! She didn't know about the Golden Dollar coins either! This women uses plastic where ever she spends money! She hasn't seen any of the new money that's been made recently!

It's scary how far out there she is, but mom said she was always like that.

Well, today was the last day of my getaway...Tomorrow I turn 30, and I'll be returning home to celebrate....

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home