"It's so hard to say Goodbye...wait a minute, NO it ain't!!!"

Well, the time has finally come Ladies and Gentlemen...My assignment at the UN has come to an sucessful end. Tomorrow will be my last day at the "Offical Headquarters of World Peace" as we are nearing the 100,000 document extension we were assigned to almost a month ago.

Our team recieved a congratulatory telephone call from one of the head supervisors, Ms. Kathy Somethin-or-rather which felt like a phone call from the president when you've won the Super Bowl...A nice gesture, but so what?

Each of us was then asked our plans after this assignment (Did we have anything else lined up, going back to school, another job, etc, etc...). The team agreed that there was nothing laid out, yet so we were told of a NEW project with a former client. It requried going back to a previous site and it was only for a few weeks with promise of more possible work developing. I was thrilled by the news, the site was where my first job with this agency last year was, in the wall street area. We were all asked our phone numbers so they could contact us, details were still sketchy, though...all that was given was a start date, October 24th, which gave me some time to rest and make some other moves.

There was also early word that we would be working for the UN again in a new project starting early next year, but rather working back in the main building, the assginment may take us to one of their UN Warehouses located somewhere in Long Island City, Queens, if i'm available and they remember me, I'm sure I'll get the call...

So, a chapter is closed, while a new one waits to be written...This UN gig was okay, the pay was certaintly nice 15K in almost 5 months, that's 3g's a month, I wonder where the hell did it all go!?!?!? ANYways, tomorrow I plan to hit the souvenir store for UN Keychain or something to remember the expirence by, come wednesday or thursday if I'm off, maybe I'll pay a visit to some old friends up in westchester...

Here's to what lies in store for me in the next assignment...cheers!

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger ladylongfellow said…

    You go to the UN and you only get a keychain? I dunno...me...and yeah..I might be a little "Off" -I would have been thinking...hmmm...what an opportunity for sex. How many people can whisper that they had sex at the UN? Now, I just mean some form of sex...lol...I wasn't being specific! They have the mile high club...damn it...Jet Baby..you woulda been a member of the world peace club!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home