"Oh My...It's a Mirage..."

MOM comes home from MSG last night at around 11pm...

"How was the thing?" I asked.

"It was nice, I enjoyed myself, that Joel Olsten is a great motivational speaker."

"That's nice..."

"Well, we better get started..." SHE SAYS.

I'm wearing sweatpants, flip-flops, and an understhirt, getting ready to take everything off and go to bed.

"Huh?" I asked.

"We gotta take the dressers downstairs..."

I look at her blankly for a moment.

"What?"

"They're bring in my new one tomorrow morning, we have to throw away these old two."

I give her this insane look...

"NOW?!?!?"

"Yes, now, what's wrong??!"

"It's 11 O'Clock at NIGHT!" I scream.

"Which means we won't inconvience anyone using the elevators, we have to do this now..."

"I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW AT NOON TOMORROW!" (I'm in full Pacino Bellowing Mode, now.)

"Are you yelling at me?" she asked with a sharp look.

I wanted to cry...

So mom went her room and started to empty the drawers. One has NINE small ones and the other has FIVE wide ones. I packed as many as I could on a shopping cart and made three trips up and down leaving them at the garbage discarding wall on the side of the building. Then came the frames and the HEAVIEST mirror I ever lifted! I couldn't believe this was happening. It was like some bad dream. I've done so much for this women this past week and it STILL wasn't enough.

We finished at 1:30am...she says

"You stay up this late anyway..." and went to bed.

I wanted to go in there take the pillow and SMOTHER her! ("SMOTHER the MOTHER", heh, heh...that rhymes, heh, heh, heh...)

Fast forward to this morning, I wake up, yawn and sit up...then lift my arm...

and scream...loud...in agony!

(Insert Pauly Shore like punk-bitch scream here)

My arms were like pipe cleaners, I felt like I either bowled six striaght games last night or tried to stop a moving train "Superman" style by pushing against it.

I was going to tested for my typing skills at this interview, it'd be a miricle if I could type 15 words a minute!

I threw some clothes on and stormed out of my room...

"You did this to me!" I yelled at mom!

"My arms hurt from all that pushing and lifting! I can't go to a job interview like this!!!...YOU SABOTAGED ME!!!"

She just waves, "Oh, just call them back and reschedule, they'll understand."

"They'll Understand"
"They'll Understand"!

She says that about everybody, she has absolutely NO REMORSE over what she did, I can't BELIEVE this woman.

I checked my cell phone log for the number of the agency that called monday, it wasn't there...the number was blocked. I went online to the posting and tried to call the contact number...a fax machine answered, DAMN!

I went back to bed and slept till 2pm.

I then thought about seacacus and decided to call the main office about the new scanning project. After 10 minutes of the runaround, they said the project hasn't started yet, but may start the following week (10/31) and I'm still first on the contact list. I just have to wait for the call...

I come out of my room and MOM's all chipper about her new dresser...I could care less. I checked the mail and recieved my Capital One...

ZERO BALENCE AT LONG LAST, YEAAHHH BAYBEEE!!!

I'm putting that bill in a frame and hanging up on the wall!

I also got my last direct deposit pay stub from the UN job. Enclosed was two stubs and a letter. One stub had my final two days for 16 hours, and the second was a bonus pay stub...KEWL! The letter thanked me for the good job and ended with "Look forward to seeing you at Guradian Life". Wow, appireciation from a temp agency, who knew?

The bonus was just what I needed to help out the next couple of weeks...

With mom going to rhode island tomorrow, methinks I'll use that extra money to have a little "fun"!

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home