"Picking up the Pieces"

I get home at a little before 11pm, and I get back to work.

My PC's on the verge of going the way of the Phoniex, burning in the eternal flame only to be ressurected in the ashes. I gathered as many files as I could on a Data DVD, like a vitural "Noah's Ark", collecting data to be saved for the next life. Then, the time came, and there was rebirth!

But where rebirth begins, so does restoration. First things, first...I had to reinstall my DVD Burner program, DVD X COPY, that required the key generator, and I foolishly did't save anywhere. I knew where I could get it, but the site was riddled with viruses and pop-ups, there was one thing I needed to get...SP 2!

For those playing the home game, SP2 is the latest update to Windows XP. Upgrades normally are downloading on the low, but some strange reason EMachines disrupts major upgrades from microsoft. SO, I had to find a download of the update myself (In the spirit of indiana jones). That took forever to find, but I did it. Then I found the Key Generator and re-installed DVD X COPY and tested by copying "The Longest Yard". It was 3am now, and I had a lot of more programs ahead of me...

* RIO MP3 Transfer Program
* BitComet
* XP Office (Hmmm...maybe I should get the new Office 2006...)
* DIVX Player
* dBPower Audio file converter
* NERO 6 Buring Programs

I decided to go back with IE (Internet Explorer) rather than Netscape, I gotta set up the email accounts on outlook express...

It's going to be awhile till I get back to 100%. Imma try and get the family pic scanned today

Till then.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    you should use Mozilla Jet.

    No outlook....nooooo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home