"Thanks-Freakin-Giving"

Thanksgiving yesterday was freakin' insane. Psycho-Sis still doesn't know how to be a nice hostess, there were too many uninvited, unexpected guest (aka hoodlum neighbors, locals, and so-called well wishers visiting the social butterfly my sister is...), the routine suprise visit by my step-brother and "Daddy", and of course, it wouldn't be thanksgiving if we didn't watch home videos of Psycho-sis's Baby Shower...I swear.

Mom went there to the bronx at 9am to help with the cooking, I didn't show till 5pm. Thanksgiving was also MOM's birthday and Psycho-Sis brought a gaudy, tacky, HEAVY, white 8ft tall Slim Dimmer Lamp which MOM already had an identical BLACK one that was falling apart...

In my rush I forgot to bring my gift to show off, a Limited Edition Box Set of the movie "Ray" on DVD. Plus another book by that Televangelist she's going ga-ga for as of late, Joel Osteen. Luckly, Psycho-Sis didn't bother me for her gift, yet...her brithday is tuesday, but she'll be partying for the next 56 hours or so.

While the chaos was going around, I found myself a nice cool seat in the corner, in front of the opened window (Her house was hot as HELL!!!!). Anytime someone came in that didn't belong, I just looked away at the TV with a VERY pissed off look.

My Step-Brother, TEE (nickname) came over and showed some pictures on his sidekick. He's definately following his father/my "daddy"'s footsteps already having TWO babies damn near a month from each other...what can you do?, I'd like to think the two women trapped his ass, but it does take two to tango... TEE sorta looks up to me, becuase I'm the oldest of "daddy's" kids, I was the first (supposedly), the straight arrow, the one that can never do wrong (What bullshit, I'm so sick of it...)

"Daddy" came around to me later on and we made our pleasant formalities. "Still don't eat any meat?" he asks, I'd shake my head, the usual "Laurel and Hardy" banter. Then he hits me up with the "When YOU having kids?" line as if he didn't have ENOUGH grandchildren between Psycho-Sis and TEE! "Yeah, but there're all girls!, we need a boy to carry on the name!" he exclaims...Yeah, that's rich...that would be some f*cking irony, though...the only child to have a grandson to carry the family name...which name wasn't really his to carry in the first place. Oh yeah, the guy upstairs with just WAITING to line that up into a reality. I don't want to get into the semantics if ya'll cant put two and two together so let's move on to the end of the night.

MOM being gullible as she is agrees to take my niece home with us to give Psycho-Sis a "Break-from-all-hard-cooking-work-she-apparently-did". One of her hoodlum friends that's been coming back and forward arrives with a 72 dollar bottle for Hennessy, one of those big-ass JUGS! (To go along with the countless other empty bottles she keeps above her cupboard like trophies) For her the party is just starting. I couldn't get home fast enough, despite carrying that HEAVY, tacky lamp, and countless leftovers!

When we got home I went back to work on restoring my PC, more details on that on my next entry....

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    So your dad was there?
    You never write about him...I'm sure it's for good reason...but....it would be interesting to hear that side of your life/story.

    Next year you should plan on going to your Aunts house for the holidays maybe....then you won't have to deal with all of them. Just an idea....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home