"Overheard During the Transit Strike"

Here are some reactions and thoughts hear throughout the city during the 3 day MTA Strike.

Courtesy of Overheard in New York .com




Woman: Maybe a taxi will stop for us cause I'm pretty.

--30th & 7th


Girl: Oh, I never realized walking sucks so much! I am so out of breath!
Guy: Yeah, well, that will happen when the buses stop running.
Girl: Ugh, I know. And why are they striking anyway?
Guy: Well, I heard it was because the workers think New York girls like you are too thick.

--75th & York


Chick on cell: I'd rather sell my pussy than put up with this shit! Fuck, all this to get on the damn train!

--LIRR


Girl: So okay, it's a transit strike, there's gotta be some good that comes out of it. Like, they should use the time to get down there and
fix everything. And clean up the rats and the garbage.
Guy: ...Who do you think is gonna do that? Transit workers, right?
Girl: Yeah!...Oh.

--Fort Greene


White guy on cell: Talk quickly. I only have 29 more blocks until I'm home.

--50th & 8th


Cop on megaphone: There is no transit strike in Boston, Philadelphia, or Washington DC. If you would like to get away from the strike, Amtrak entrance is at 33rd and 8th. For true New Yorkers, enter LIRR here. It'll be over soon, folks.

--33rd & 7th



God I love this freakin' town...

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home