UPDATE: "CALL NUMBERS" makes the TOP 10!!!!!

OHMIGOD!!!!! I CAN'T BULIEVE IT!!!! I feel like I'm on American Idol!!! I'm in the TOP 10! The TOP TEN!!!!....AAAAAHHHHHHHH, I'm goin INSANE!!!!!, I CAN'T BREATHE, I CAN'T BREATHE!!!....*HUFF*, *HUFF*, *HUFF*.....Whoooo...."Take it DOWN a notch, scotty BOY!"

I'm in the top ten, and that alone entitles me to a prize of an undisclosed amount of MONEY, OH-MY-FREAKIN'-GOD!!!! It could be 500 dollars, it could be 50!, I wouldn't care...I AM IN THE TOP 10!!!

The grand prize winners will be announced on December 15th, GOD I DON'T I CAN WAIT THAT LONG!!!

I'm goin' to faint, now...

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger ladylongfellow said…

    KUDOS!! I hope you win, you deserve it!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    OH MY WORD!

    TOP 10??? Shit that's huge. I mean you can always use this on your resume for pushin your show...I so think this is a WB tv sitcom.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed....11 more days!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Jet,

    I am wondering if you had heard anything about more about the Screenwriter Dig. I'm also a Top 10 finalist. I'm a little concerned, because it looks like signing the acquisition option means signing away the rights to your story for whatever the prize is (and they still haven't said exactly what it is, just how much it's worth). If they produce your story, would you earn money? I guess winning would be a great entry into a film career, but they make no promises that they'll produce your work at all. In which case, you couldn't try to sell it to someone else.

    Anyway, I was wondering if you knew anything. I tried to research this contest, and have only found a few things on the Internet mentioning it (including your blog).

    Thanks for listening, and good luck!

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Les said…

    To my knowledge (Cuz I've been checking the rules, too...) you're involved in the process 100%, they help you produce the pilot (and ONLY the PILOT) or a presentation to show the networks. They may own that one episode or the whatever thing to show, but it's still your baby, you have to be willing to work with them. Go out to LA, (or Canada?) and be involved. If you're skeptical, you have every right not to sign acquistion agreement and go elsewhere...It seems on the up and up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home