"...And with your dying breath, you will bear witness to the End of Diets, er, um, Days."

Well, it's over.

31 days was good enough for me...

The bottle is empty, I've taken my last red pill...

As I stare at the mirror, I see that same familar face staring back at me and I think of a few more movie quotes...

Kirk:"David what when Wrong?"
David:"I went Wrong, Sir...Just don't give in to them Admiral, TRIMSPA DOESN'T WORK!...I can't believe they'd kill us for it."

You know, I know this Peanut Butter Sandwich doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After Thirty-One days, you know what I realize?
[Takes a bite...and sighs]
Ignorance IS bliss.

You have no ideal how good a sandwich felt after a month of...suffering.

I don't know WHY I'm doing this, why am I trying to change who I am? So I can fit in better in society? SO I can feel better about myself?

If I was 50 pounds lighter would I REALLY feel better about myself?

The answer of course is no.

Big or Skinny, I would still have problems to deal with.

I would have the problem of finding that right person, and not worrying if she's every going to cheat on me or break my heart...

I'm still going to have the headaches of keeping a stable job, free of the politics of the past...

I'm still going to have to struggle to get this TV Show off the ground whether I'm big or skinny, it doesn't matter.

THIS thing about weight loss, it's just an illusion, smoke and mirrors, just some David Blain/Chris Angel bullshit to make you believe...

The only way to achieve weight loss is by hard, back-breaking exercise, that's it end of story.

This is who I am, I only need to worry about not getting any bigger...

So ends another failled mission in my life...I'm like 0-12 when it comes to New Year's Resolutions

Why did I even bother...

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Jet, I have spent the past 12 years doing the rollercoaster diet....only to lose and then gain it all back and then some. I know how you're feeling on this one....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home