"Chaos at the AMC 2:You'll never Learn"

You'd think I had a bad enough weekend as it was, but no...it got worst.

I was awoken this morning by the doorbell at around 10:30am. My first thought beliving it was psycho-sis visiting was "Why the fuck doesn't she use her key!?" Then I realized I still had it.

Turns out I was wrong, it was my mother's cousin PAT. Last thursday when mom left I went up to her apartment in our building to help her use her new DVD player she got for christmas. She had brought her first few DVD's and the player wasn't showing the picture.

I explained to her last thursday that her setup required her to change her TV to the "VIDEO 1" channel (Try not to laugh, some of us still haven't joined the 21st Century.) which was deleted from her memory. I put the channel back in and showed her how to tune in to it, and the movie came on (It's anybody's guess how long the player was playing the disc, hours, days?). Then that night I showed he how to play a DVD party game, it seemed to be a carbon copy of the popular "Scene It" DVD games I've heard about. PAT said they tried to play it at another relatives house, but they swore it froze on them.

We played a round and realized, there's a very long time delay process, to give the players a chance to absorb the rules. All we had to do was listen to the verbal instructions and use the remote when indicated. (One again, try not to laugh, we all can't be as sharp as a ginsu knife...), I even joked that the DVD game would be just to MOM's speed of thought!

We got a good laugh and then I brought up my old friend REBEL who still works with her. PAT said that REBEL mentions me every now and then and would love to see how I'm doing now...

I shyed away from a possible meeting, once again...maybe if the Trimspa works I'd consider it. I knew REBEL over 7 years ago, and maybe 50 pounds lighter...she can't see me now, not the way I am.

The reason PAT woke me up this morning, thou was that she had one more thing that was acting up. She brought a portable 7in Screen DVD player as a present to someone and it wasn't player DVD's either. She brought it down and said if I got to work, I could keep it! She said she gave the person some money as a replacement gift. I told her I'd see what I could do, but mom wouldn't let me keep it.

She insisted and left, I put the machine in the table to check it out later (Hmmph, I didn't even KNOW polaroid MADE DVD players!).

After breakfast I take a look at the instructions. Some DVD players have a protective tab over the laser "eye" reader, I checked, nothing. I put a DVD of "I, Robot" in the player, nothing happened, the screen registered "No Disc". I fished out my DVD cleaner, and tinkered with it some more (It's just something about that word I like, "Tinker"...), after a bit I got fustrated. The damn disc would spin, but nothing happened. I worked on the laser reader with some compressed air, and then tried to clean it with some witch hazel on a Q-Tip. Finally, I dug up one my D-skin's (A protective layer that supposely prevents scratching.) and wrapped a DVD in it. It was thick enough for the DVD to be detected and spin, and voila! We have a working DVD player! (Just like my grandfather, I can fix almost anything!).

At noon, I called PAT again and told her I fixed it, she still said to keep it, no matter what. I felt so silly, it was no problem, but she wasn't taking it back. God only knows how much this thing costs, I see people with them on the train and bus sometimes. I thought about selling it on eBay or craigslist, but maybe I'll keep it.

NOW on to my headache!

I almost thought about giving friday's girl another shot, but I changed my mind, I deposited back the 250 in my bank account and decided to go to the movies. I really wanted to see "Bloodrayne" but I couldn't BELIEVE how many theaters it was in! Lowes, United Artist, none of the chains carried it! Only the sorry-ass indie theaters that were so run down it was insane. The only other theater I remotely considered was the AMC 25 at times square. I couldn't stand that flophouse, years ago, I was seeing the last "Highlander" movie with JOE, and in the middle of the movie the damn thing shut off, they said the "Film in the projecter Snapped", but WHO the hell really uses film projectors in movie theaters these days? The audience (Bunch of fantasy nerds and sci-fi fanboys) went nuts and almost started a riot.

I swore never to go there again...but I do when I wanna movie-hop a bit...

I go to the 2pm showing and the moment I saw the crowd, I knew I was in trouble...the place was packed, I had no elbow room to myself.

Then, the trailer's started...

They showed the trailer for Miami Vice (Which looked kinda cool...), and a few other movie I couldn't remember...THEN THEY SHOWED A TEASER TRAILER FOR "X-MEN 3". Everyone's jaw dropped, the wave of gasps and sighs...You'd think it was the "Episode I" trailer. I'm not gonna lie, it WAS kinda cool, but you'd think these kids were gettin' off or something!

After the date "5.26.06" came up the audience went nuts! There were cheers of "Play it Again!" going back and forth, I had flashbacks to the Gwen Stefani concert at MSG! They didn't play the trailer, instead the movie started.

Now, in a normal movie theater (Even on the first weekend, at decient showtime) the audience just looks at the damn movie, but sometimes they're wise asses that gotta remark, whistle and howl like idiots. Then people started throwing popcorn around like the fucking "Killing me Softly" music video. Then a fight broke out, next thing you know everyone was screaming and yelling and security had to step, a fucking riot, do you believe this, in a movie theater! Thank god no one was strapped! Then again, this wasn't the Magic Johnson Theater, I knew better than that...

As soon as security stepped in to restore order, I got the hell out of there and snuck in to another theater...I saw the last hour of "Syriana", it was cool...everything with George Clooney seems intresting one way or another...

I got out of the theater and walked around at bit at 4:30, then took the bus home. I was still a little down so I rented "Wedding Crashers" to cheer me up a bit.

MOM'll be back wednesday I think, I go back to work tomorrow...this weekend is definately going in the history books as one of the worst.

At least it's behind me, now...

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    i wish i could sneak from theatre to theatre...but i'm chicken.

    whats up with callin rebel?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home