"Oh, Spit."

Okay, time to take a break from the storyline, people!

Forget about ME, my job at the UN, and my Mock-Relationship with my special someone (that's right I said "MOCK" more on that on the re-launch...)

Some crazy shit just happened last night...

First off, I wanna point out something...

Don't you just HATE when someone leaves a message on your phone about something serious and doesn't explain, or elaborate a little further?

Like saying some brief shit like..."Hey, we at the police station, um...somebody got shot or somethin' we'll call ya back..." I'm like WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?....you don't give half ass details like that on the phone?!??!

SO back to yesterday...

I treat myself to a walk to Times Square after work. I went to the Virgin Megastore, did some browsing...really couldn't find any NEW music worth buying so I just brought some old stuff I always wanted on CD ("My Life", Mary J.'s Second Album, "N.O.R.E.", Noreaga's first solo, I had the album on WAX from back in my DJ days, etc, etc...).

After the store, I walked around the square a bit, then went home. MOM wasn't there when I got in so I just figured she went out after work with some friends. I did some surfing and copied a few DVD's and then called joe to see if he wanted to chill this weekend.

Before I made the call I noticed I had a message on my voice mail...

So, JOE told me he made some plans with his fam and the wife this weekend, but told me "We DO have to talk, dude...but not on the phone..." which meant that JOE had some crazy ass "Ralph Kramdem" Get-RICH-Quick scheme he wanted to try and put me on to...

SO, with my plans dashed to bits, I end the call with joe and check my voicemail...

It's going on 10:30pm, and I guess it was kinda later than usual with MOM (But I try not to worry too much...)...WHEN a message from HER comes up, time recorded "6:30pm"...

"Hey, we're at Jacobi Hospital, "Psycho-Sis" is in the emergency room with stomach problems..."then Baby-Girl wrestles the phone from MOM..."Hi Uncle Leslie, I miss you..." then the message ends.

I look at my cell phone like, "WHAT THE HELL?"

I call mom's cell phone and thankfully she had it on her...

"Hello?"

"Yeah, it's me?...What's going on?"

"Oh, we're just getting out now, been waiting for over 5 hours in the waiting area, we gave up, we're in the cab, Be home around 12 or so..."

"What..."

"The doctor's don't know anything, they just took blood, we had to leave her there for the night..."

"For observation?, What..."

Look, we'll be home in a bit, okay? Bye!" (Click)

I hate it when she can't tell the truth about something...I knew exactly what the hell was going on...

It was 1am in the morning when they finally came home...

I had been nodding off and on, trying to stay up...my door was closed when they came in, my niece knocked on my door...

"Uncle Leslie...?"

"NNNGH?"

"The doctors said mommy may be pregnant..."

"UNN-HUNN" was all I could muster...inside though, I WAS SCREAMING!

Then I was out like a light...

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home