"Here comes the "Boom"....Here comes the "BOOM!"!!!"

DMX said that shit best...here comes the BOOM!

26.9 Inches in Central Park...New freaking record for snowfall in one storm! Can you say "Jean-Claude VAN DAAAAAAAAM!" We got hit with so much snow...and Thunder! Who ever heard of snow with Thunder and Lightning!...crazy!

Needless to day I took this storm very lightly when I finished my last entry...

The streets were deserted, not even a bus was seen any where...and in my corner of the neighborhood, there's about 10 different lines that surround the building. Any soul brave enough to be out there couldn't walk on the sidewalk, they had to walk in the street and pray not to be hit my a car...

My niece was still with us and it didn't look like psycho-sis was going to make an effort to come pick her up.

Fortunately, we had a few DVD's to look at to pass the time courtesy of Blockbuster Online...Me and mom looked at "Flightplan" with Jodie Foster, and a few "Fraisier" DVD's I've been renting and collecting. I'm still working on "Deep Space 9" and a couple of other TV DVD box sets to copy. And I occassionly make mom a few of "Golden Girls" and "Murder, she Wrote" DVD's for her collection.

Cable channels were tripping on some "Steven Segal/DMX/Jet Li-movie marathons" this weekend. TNT had a rotation of "Exit Wounds", "Under Seige 2", "The Glimmer Man", "Romeo must Die", "Cradle 2 the Grave" and "Lethal Weapon 4", showing each movie at least twice during the day! Meanwhile TBS was showing "Underworld", "The Matrix", and "The Replacements" over and over...

My niece got excited when she saw "Underworld" at one point...

"You're not supposed to be watching THAT!..." I told her.

"...that movie's too scary for you! With Vampires and Werewolves!"

This kid turns to me and with the craziest british accent a 7 year old can muster, she says...

"Please!, It's Death Dealahs, and Lyle-cans." (I know how to really spell the names, but that's how she sounded...)

"I saw part two even before I saw this one, Uncle Leslie..." she dismissed in a normal voice...

"WHAAAAT?" I yelled.

"Mommy got the dvd at home, it's clear and everything, did you see it?"

Kids, they growing up too fast!

I spent most of the day in the bed napping on and off after all the walking I did. Took some time to update the blog a bit...

We were hoping the schools be closed tomorrow so Baby Girl don't miss any classes, she's gonna have to stay an extra night with us and we'll see what happens in the morning...

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    we didnt get any of that crap...and it's a good thing...it's pretty to look at...but sucks to drive in it.....


    only marathon on tbs i watch is law and order.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home