"HOBOKEN?!?!?...OOOOH, I'M DYYYYING AGAIN!"

It was just standing there, like a mirage in the distance on a vast desert wasteland. I was skeptical at first, but really had no choice...there was NO other place to get anything to eat for lunch. We had just arrived at this werid isolated area in Queens, a killer skyline view of manhattan island, very "Outside of the Glass looking In", there, parked down the block on the street corner...a harmless looking Chicken Truck.

I'd thought a simple helping of french fries wouldn't hurt from this unknown greasy-spoon on wheels, they were luke warm at the most, and a bit cruchy...

But then, 18 hours later, come this morning...I felt the WRATH.

In my lifetime, I've been stabbed, shot, thrown down a flight of steps, FALLEN down a flight of steps (There's a SUPRISE factor to consider...when you've been thrown, you see the fall coming as opposed to suddenly falling with no time to prepare or anything!), beatten to a bloody pulp and damn near LYNCHED...but NOTHING compares to the PAIN of a Stomach Virus! Destroying your insides and keeping you in the bathroom 20 hours a day!

For the first time in over a year, I couldn't make it to work...and they needed me. I felt like shit! There we were settling in a new work area and only I knew how to work that pre-hystoric bucket of bolts they were calling a scanner. I was the only one who paid attention to the new software on that busted ass PC they provided for us yesterday, and now day two, I'm out for the count.

My team leader called me at 8:30 when it sunk in that I wasn't showing up. Trying NOT to sound in pain while on my throne of porcelain, I tried to talk them through the whole process, but the corner office where we sit screws up our cell phone reception. They were helpless, and I was in agonizing pain.

Rumor had it our regular equipment would arrive by friday, all the setbacks we're going through already, it doesn't look like we'll make our March 31st proposed deadline.

I tried not to feel too guilty about work as I laid in bed thinking of ways to destroy that damn chicken truck.

By noon, I had downed enough Pepto to see everything pink...it worked on the pain, the damage was done.

In didn't ANYthing the next 24 hours, not a damn thing...

Can't believe in this day and age FOOD can be so damn dangerous!!!!

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    "In my lifetime, I've been stabbed, shot, thrown down a flight of steps".................


    ................care to explain this situation to us????


    sorry you're sick and your insides are falling out.....you should pack your lunch.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    But doesn't it feel great to have yer colon cleansed? Goddammit, my girlfriend Paris Hilton PAYS to have that done to her.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Okay, I'll take a crack at it (Pun Intended)...I've been stabbed twice. Once with an Icepick due to some mistaken identity, and with a broken bottle by a certain psychotic sister...both in the same damn leg!...I've been shot (Yes, like that black dude in "The Mummy Returns...") a stray clipped me in the shoulder after ricocheting a few times, cause a bit of nerve damage and left a NASTY festering boil after it was removed...um, the falling and thrown down the stairs thing, that happens to everybody, I don't think I need to explain those. I was beaten and nearly hung as a retaliation for a high school incident after the car accident. It's too intense to describe...I've been electrocuted (X-mas Tree) and set on fire too, but I didn't wanna seem over zealous...FIRE...I pray I never have to go through any procedues involving my colon...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home