"Little house on the Prairie"

"We're on our own out here, Laura."

After moving to our new digs yesterday, it became clear that we were going to be a bit hard till help from the client arrived. So, being the mad scientist that I am, I went digging and brought in an old back-up printer from home to help us with our reports. I also brought my CD with Office XP zipped in a self-installed file. We needed ACCESS to do the tracking and billing of the documents we scan every day.

I'm taking the extra step and offering all I can to help, the guesture really suprised the two ladies. They probably think I'm crazy being this dedicated, but hey...so what? If I gotta fit the bill myself to get things done, so be it.

These people in this office are "Handcuffing" us with snob like attitude! We're told to show up at 8am, but nobody's in the office on time to let us in! They always come in late! They don't wanna issue us keycards that can open the doors so that make going to lunch a headache too! I go by myself at around 12:30pm, then the girls go TOGETHER at 1, me getting back in hasn't been a problem, but by the time the girls come back, the rest of the office is on break, too!

Here's a good example, today I came up with the idea of ringing each other's cell phone as a signal one of us is outside waiting to come in...

Now, in the hallway the main door has an intercom bell (Which is as loud as a fly's sneeze by the way!), someone inside hears the bell or sees us through the security cameras they got all over and presses a remote button to unlock the magnetic door. The main door then leads into a small room where ANOTHER door awaits leading to inside the office. Once the worker unlocks the first door, he/she then must WALK through the entire floor (From where ever they sit at...) and unlock door number two and let us in. It's a fuckin "Better Mousetrap" scenario!

SO, I go to lunch and then come back and get let in, then the girls go...half hour goes by and then my cell rings, telling me that the girls are outside waiting. I leave our little corner and search the rest of the office, trying to find somebody...no one around, all went to lunch. So I then start checking all the desks, looking for the damn button to let them in door #1...nothing. FInally I get the idea to let them in from the inside myself. I open door #2 and enter the small room, but then think, "How am I gonna open this door coming back?", so I place my cell phone in between door #2 to prevent it from closing (Clever!?!?) and then go to the main door to let the girls in...

Only the lock to Door #1 doesn't work...Door #2 must be closed in order for door #1 to open!

Can you understand this ACME ROAD-RUNNER BOOBY TRAP bullshit I gotta go through?!?!?

So, putting 2 and 2 together, I foolishly move my cell phone and let door #2 close, and then volia! Door #1 opens and the girls are giving me hard looks.

They come in, and now the 3 of us are in this small room with a door on opposite ends, and now we realize we ALL can't get back in past door #2, but at least we can go back out door #1 to the hallway and ring the stupid soft intercom bell!!!

From 1:30 till 2:15 we were in that damn little room wondering what the hell to do...

You see that floor is so massive, they have conference rooms, a freaking kitchen lounge, the archive library, and various other exits out of the building, no one checks the damn camera or comes through the main way!!! These people are ASSHOLES! 2:15 came by, the damn custodian finally noticed us from the cameras!

The few archive people we've seen are pratically ghosts, they're never at their desk, they come late, but damned if they leave at 4pm on the dot! And we're not that cold-minded, sometimes I wanna finish my box and the reports have to be done and we stay till around 4:15pm...They come up to us saying that's a problem, everyone's gotta be out by 4, blah, blah, blah...fuck that, man!

If what happened today is ANY indication on how things are gonna be, we are in for some SERIOUS trouble!!!

Damn, I almost MISS the freaking metal detectors!

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home