"If I..."

Let's face it, I can, and will not ever be able to play a musical instrament at a decient level. I mean, I was one of those kids who begged my mom for a Casio SK-1 with the sampler and when I got a regular one, I couldn't even play "The Little Prince".

True piano is probably the one thing I would love to master, but there's a part of me that digs the guitar...

SO with that in mind, I was looking as some of the Chappelle's Show season 2 episodes on DVD the other night and I saw the one with Wyclef as the music guest. He played a nice simple (yet a bit repetative) ditty called "If I was president..."

Now, me being the lonely brother that I am...I decided to improvise a bit on that song with a mixture of Alicia Keys' "If I was your Woman".

I'm still working on it a bit so here's just a few bars off the top of my head...

(Strums up imaginary acoustic guitar)

Irene, my love...this one's for you.

(plays intro)

If I was your boyfrieeeend...
If I was your Boyfrieeeend...
If I was your boyfrieeeend...

If I was your Boyfrieeeend...I'd Tivo every "Top Model"...
I would let you LEAD and I would follow...
I'd never drink straight out the bottle...
And I would never ask you to SWALLOW (If you know what I mean...)

Oh IF I was your BOYfrieeeeend...

I'd love you till I die...
would never make you cry...
and would never EVER stray my Eye.

Yeah Girl, If I was your boyfrieeeend....

I'd Tivo every "Top Model"...
I would let you LEAD and I would follow...
I'd never drink straight out the bottle...
And I would never ask you to SWALLOW (If you know what I mean...)

SO IF I was your boyfrieeeend....

I'd would hear every word said.
put the rose petals on the bed.
and would never hesitate...to give you head. (If you know what I mean...)

One more time now, If I was your boyfrieeeeend....

I'd Tivo every "Top Model"...
I would let you LEAD and I would follow...
I'd never drink straight out the bottle...
And I would never ask you to SWALLOW (And that's real...)

IF I...IF I...IF IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII....WAS.....YOUR....Boooooooyfrieeeeend!

Cha, cha, cha!

And I never took a songwriting lesson in my LIFE!!!


Thank you, thank you very much, good night!

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Will you be here all week?

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Les said…

    Yes, I also do, Weddings, Funerals, Bar Mitvaz, Graduation Parties, Sweet 16's, Baby Showers, and other special occasions...

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Anocsanamun said…

    I have had a horrible week - Ok let's face it - I have had a HORRIBLE LIFE! But coming to your blog and reading this and hearing Carly Simon just sing the bridge, "you probably think this song is about you..."
    You made me smile. Not one of those cheese smiles that prompts me to click the little red X at the corner. I mean the REAL SMILE. The kind that now as I write this I can't uncurl from the corners of my mouth...
    Thank you
    XOXO
    IRene

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    May I suggest "Ginger Snaps" from Danger Danger. (Good intro piece with no lyrics, just moaning)

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Les said…

    wicked song there, fire, very hardcore...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home