"When the going gets tough, the tough go SHOPPING!"

Spring is here and lets face it ol' chum, you're discarding more than a few slacks now due to worn holes in the crotch.

So, mumsy dearest gets the idea to drag me to the only place in town I can get clothes these days...

Big and Tall Casual Male on 23rd Street and the East Side.

Now, getting to the east side from The 'heights is no easy trek. The normal route would be to take the A train down to 23rd Street (Well, actually take the A to the C train that stops on the local 23rd street stop, I know...but us New Yorkers say it like that to cut corners...we don't like to use 5 words when 3 will do, capesh?) then take the crosstown 23 Bus to 3rd Avenue.

BUT this weekend, there was HEAVY track work being done...almost everywhere!

Despite the headaches, we got to the store by 3:30pm...

As soon as we entered, I saw 2 nice summer shirts next to door...

UNlike my mother, I believe I have good taste in what I like to wear as opposed to mom's opinion of what should I wear. I like dark colors and solids, but I also have a taste for the flair...SHE believes in stripes, muti-color BOX patters, shirts that look like university or state flags with four colors covering each corner or something WAY bizarre!

I like rayon, she likes cotton, I like single needled, she like double knitted. She looks directly for the 30%-50% section, for me, I care nothing of price as long as it fits me well, feels nice and goes with my style...

See, I get my sense of taste from the one infulential aspect in my life...TV.

Shows like "The Sopranos", "CSI:Miami", and "Las Vegas"...they tell me how to dress.

So I wasn't afraid to get a nice white hawaiian shirt with green leafs to go with the few green slacks I have. MOM didn't like it because at the center of some leafs there was a white flower (She probably though it looked too fruity, tell that to James Gandolfini when he's holding a baseball bat over his shoulder...)

MOM was obsessed with buying a pair of jeans to "Walk around the house In", she believes I wear my good work clothes out when I continue to keep them on till the evening...

I can't help it, I don't have "around the house" clothes, I'm either wearing something I always go out in, or I wear nothing at ALL! (Which means I'm usually wearing my robe looking like Tom Cruise in "The Last Samurai").

The last time we were here she found a pair that SOMETIMES wear a bit too often (It's not like it's funky or anything, it just looks like it belonged to an auto mechanic now...) so she opted for darker blue pair that was lucky enough to fit me.

While I tried on other stuff, mom snuck off to get some dress socks and belt, along with other stuff I didn't need or wasn't looking for (Well, okay, I guess I DID need a belt, but it wasn't in the damn plan!).

We divided the clothes up and paid an even amount each. She brought the Jeans and one blue shirt that was acceptable, along with 3 pairs of dress socks...

I brought two nice exotic spring shirts and the belt. The whole fiasco took 45 minutes as opposed to mom shopping Psycho Sis or Baby Girl, which is an all day adventure with the demented witch getting an overpriced pair of boots or a thin leather jacket that has to double as her spring and autumn jacket because it's the price of two sensable coats AND getting an outfit that barely fits or is too small for baby girl.

Then psycho sis gets mad that mom paid for half my stuff not even thinking I paid the other half when she ain't GOT no damn money to buy anything cuz she spent it on junk she don't need! *sigh* I don't need to get worked up over her bullshit...

buying the clothes made me feel a little bit better after such a funky week.

Lord knows, I'm not getting any symphathy from my online audience (I personally believe that if someone from Iraq or Afghanistan were in my shoes, they'd STILL complain a little, damnit!...and true, that Reeve Orphan may be sad, but he got a damn TRUST FUND!!...that kid is SET 4 LIFE!)

I was really close to buying a slim PS2 this weekend so I could play my old games again, But I guess the clothes would be better. Yesterday I also brought a ticket to another concert (Yes, I'm going alone, again, damn I'm pathetic...), I'm getting out of control, here!

I got the Black Eyed Peas at MSG in three weeks on April 20th, now I just brought a ticket to see Mos Def, Erykah Badu, and The Roots at Radio City Music Hall in May (Whoo-HOO!). I'll just have to skip Dave Brubeck and the JVC Jazz Festival this year, unless I get a good job after soon.

Speaking of work (YUCK!), It seems we're coming to the end of this shitty UN assignment out in Queens. It's estimated we have around 10 more work days (Two Weeks) till we're done, then...who knows?

The powers that be may send me back to seacacus, or let me go for a while. In that happens, I've been working long enough to qualify for unemployment insurance again. I also got my tax refund (I gotta file!) to fall back on, so I'll be in good shape...

With the spring coming again, the Parks Department called back Psycho Sis to work with them for an unbelievable 3rd year in a row (well summer anyway...). She starts working on the 8th (A saturday?) so me and mom will be doing the babysitting thing EVERY GODDAMN weekend till school's out.

*SIGHS*...I haven't IM'd or emailed Irene all week, and judging by her blog she's got other things on her mind, I'm just one less wrinkle on the tablecloth that is her life...(Woah, good one!). She has a Blogger gathering in a couple weeks, I'l go to that, but after that... (I don't even wanna finish that thought...)

I'm thinking of taking April off (I know I just had a month off back in November!) and post song lyrics of tunes I feel kick ass...wheather I actually do that, depends if my mood changes by next week.

I'm out, ya'll

PEaCE!!!!

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    i wish my momma took me shoppin.....

    she would but she likes to shop at walmart so that shit aint happenin...

    take a break and get back at it....but dont be gone long. i've been thinkin of ditchin my blog....it's ran it's course and summers comin.........i'm about blogged out...you're the first person i've told that to....i'm still thinkin on it..so i getcha on wanting to ditch it for a while.

    ahh well....spring is around the corner...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home