"Who the hell are Aly & AJ???!!"

I saw "Block Party" this afternoon, it was funny. Wasn't really Eddie Murphy's "RAW" funny, or even Eddie Griffin's "Disfunksional Family" funny, but it had it's moments, the music performances were cool, all but Dead Prez, I really don't see what my man Dave sees in those crazy cats, they had to feel out of place compared to all the rest of the performances...

I got home at around 6:30pm, and naturally I was greeted by my niece who was over with mom and me for the day (Which was why I left the house early for the movie...)

She came rushing up to me with her new CD Player she got for christmas (I'm suprise she hasn't broken it, yet...), screaming at the top of her lungs...

"Uncle LESLIE, you gotta make me a CD!!!...I want Aly and AJ...can you make it for me, please!!?!?!?"

"What?...Who?" I asked looking at the child...

The she starts sing the words to their hit single...

"DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU...THIS IS THE END..." (She's NOT ready for American Idol!)

This is all greek to me so I calm her down and tell her I can check...

I checked all my usual downloading websites and came up with zip.

Then I found this site from the UK, which allows you to download longs for as little as .10, entire albums for at least 2.00 or less. The song she wanted was called "Rush", I asked her for the .10 and decided to burn the whole album for her anyways.

"Where does she get this taste for WHITE music?" I asked mom.

Mom scoffed, "You're talking about HER liking white music mister "I-Love-Moby", and that silly swan wearing Bee-Jor-Ork girl!"

"Ha-ha, very funny, and her name is pronounced "BEE-YORK" (Bjork), the "J" is pronounced like a "Y" in iceland!

With two movies down, I plan to finish my New Movie Weekend Hat-Trick by seeing "16 Blocks" tomorrow.

Should I be worried that my niece is being brainwashed by candy-corny Bubble-Gum Pop on TV? or am I just being paranoid?

Comments

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home