"Graduatition Day"

We had to scan 14,000 images today in order for today to be our last day. None of us wanted to come back tomorrow just to do a half day's work so we hit the machines as soon as we got in. With my slow ass scanner, I can do five, maybe six thousand easy. I really pushed myself and did everything to stay focused. I even short changed myself on the lunch break (The huge, wet SNOWFLAKES kinda helped with that!). We had broke 6000 by noon, which was a good sign. There were a lot of old, fragile papers that wouldn't cooperate with the machine...

I felt like we were in that movie "Armageddeon", where oil drillers had to drill deep inside an asteroid that was heading towards the earth. They had to reach a depth of 800 feet, and everything was going wrong for them...

And just like the movie, in very climactic fashion, we hit 14,078 by 3:45pm!

So, like the last day of school, it was time to clean up and say good-bye for now...

I packed up my small, personal fan, our maps of the world and united states, and my printer cable in a couple of bags, and in true Harry Potter fashion, the four of us (I've gone from nicknaming these three women I work with "The Golden Girls" to "The Powerpuff Girls"!) said our peace, and parted ways...knowing we'll see each other again in the next adventure, er, um Assignment! Three of us boarded the Hogwarts Express (7 Train) while one simply walked futher up the street to the bus stop...(Enter swelling chorus music, followed by the repeated Harry Potter theme here). The End!

With some time off to myself tomorrow...I am going to KICK BACK and chill! True, I have a lot to do (Taxes, Screenwriter Dig Deadline, My Meetup, food shopping, etc, etc...), but I'm going to just cool out for a bit! Besides, we may get the call to go back to work as soon as Monday, but then again, it could be awhile...we'll see.

But for now, it's all about R&R...

See you in the funny papers!

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    i would love to have some down time to get shit down.

    enjoy your mini vacation!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I still don't understand what you do. You are scanning pages from books? Is it your scanner you're using?

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Les said…

    We're scanning old documentation, memos, law cases, and other ancient crap from 1948-to-1989. It's all being modernized for cataloging purposes. Gone are the days of microfilm! Hello, Adobe Reader!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home